Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2020, 17:34   #1

Boat: Allied Princess 36 MKII
TMC 60 Technodrive Twin Disc

As many may remember we had transmission troubles on our trip south and left Adeline on the hard in NC almost two years ago.
We purchased a brand new TMC 60 on July 25, 2019, and finally installed it July 2, 2020. Case was cracked at an inspection? plug and the crack had cured sealant in it (crack was present when assembled, allowing sealant to flow in)
Let me state when transmission arrived in late August 2019 I contacted TwinDisc/Technodrive to register for warranty information, and was told no registration was required, purchase date started the 2yr warranty period. Based on serial number my unit was manufactured Feb, 2018.
Fast forward to July 7, 2020. I am told unit originally sold Feb, 2018 to a distributor, and by that sale date my warranty has expired. My original invoice dated July, 2019 is worthless.
TwinDisc USA has told me I can purchase new parts, but there is NO warranty on my transmission.
Just wanted to let everyone know how TwinDisc is standing behind their product.
FWIW, the company I purchased from has stated they will replace the transmission. I just have to ship it back to the UK.
I wish I had spent the extra grand and got the ZF...
Michael
SV Adeline
S/V Adeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 11:33   #2

Boat: Custom 38' Crabber
Re: TMC 60 Technodrive Twin Disc

Ouch! Why did you send all the way to Europe for something that could be purchased here? It sounds like you got a great buy on an out of warranty transmission with a crack in it. It also sounds like you met with false economy. I learned this lesson along time ago and now i'm kind'a reluctant to purchase high dollar stuff from sellers so far away that I can't go back at em if something goes wrong.
roryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 11:41   #3

Boat: Allied Princess 36 MKII
Re: TMC 60 Technodrive Twin Disc

Price in US - >1,500.00
Price from UK with shipping - <1,000.00
Transmission is being replaced under warranty as I type this. Shipping time sucks, but the whole point of my posting this is TMC/TwinDisc told me BEFORE the purchase warranty was worldwide. After the purchase they hung me out to dry.
They claim warranty began the month it left the factory, not date of sale to consumer.
S/V Adeline is offline   Reply With Quote