Thanks to everyone who had commented.
It is amazing how much trouble it has been to get this attended to by the original installer. The big problem is that the refit
was done in Annapolis
and the boat
is now in St. Martin. We are making slow progress but so far this is what I have been told by the parties involved:
1. They installed it the same way the old one was installed! (completely new engine
onto which the engine
2. We caused it by sailing (not motoring) with a line on the prop!
3. It should be at least 12 degrees out of alignment!
4. Slinging grease out of the boot is normal!
5. Even though no one who has looked at the pictures thinks it is correct, they content it is correct even before they receive information from someone they have picked to examine the installation!
6. They say their workman always does good work
even though he did not read the installation
instructions, just put it in the place of the old one.
Now I will accept fault. If I had good sense, I would have never bought a boat