Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2011, 11:55   #1

Boat: Cole, Nantucket, 33
Antifouling My Prop

Hi

I anti foul my Cole Nantucket Islander each year myself. Everytime I bring my boat up for antifouling I am told by the local tradesmen that I need to have PropSpeed applied to my prop to keep it clean. I am told that the water turbulence around the prop means my normal ablative anti foul that I use on the hull wouldn't stand up. Makes sense I guess? PropSpeed is a proprietory application that only licensed people can use so you can't do it yourself and it costs an arm and a leg. Does anyone know of an antifoul product that I can apply and will keep the prop clean for 12 months?

Regards Reid
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 12:16   #2

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Re: Antifouling my prop

You can aply Propspeed by yourself, the fact is , propspeed only guarante the product if is aply by a propspeed contractor , i do by myself, just follow the instructions and made a good prep.
I dont think there is any other other product better, regular antifoulings dont work, just wash away with the prop rotation , try propspeed is worth your money!!!!
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 17:21   #3
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Antifouling My Prop

Have a look here for a variety of ideas.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...rop-12961.html
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-fouling