Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Training, Licensing & Certification
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2017, 07:14   #1

Boat: 77' hallberg rassy 41
Salty motor boater looking for live aboard school recommendations

I have been motorboating the great lakes my whole life. Being immersed in motor boating left me with almost zero exposure to blow boating except what I see from a far. So last year we bought a 20' sloop to start training for retirement, started following various vlogs, the volvo Ocean race, ect. I think some formal training is in order.

We are looking for a live aboard asa school to knock it down. I don't want my summer weekends on lake st.clair being utilized for anything other than a good time. Preferably in the carribean. Not opposed to the virgin islands as the need the money. Also, we smoke, drink, swear, tell dirty jokes, listen to techno and regae, and we don't care for children under the age of 23, typical detroiters. Can someone recommend a captain or charter that is a good fit? I don't want to offend or be annoyed for a week.

Also, if anybody needs crew on lake st. Clair, and I didn't already scare u off, please send a private message.

Cheers.
bstruebing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 09:43   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Salty motor boater looking for live aboard school recommendations

We would be happy to have you join one of our live aboard courses. We offer both seven and ten day trips on either monohulls or catamarans. For our catamaran courses we recommend doing you Basic Keelboat (ASA 101) as a shore based course aboard our small keelboat (J/105). Take a look at our TripAdvisor reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...h_Grenada.html

Feel free to contact me directly (chris@ltdsailing.com) if you have any questions.
LTDsailing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, men, motor, salt, school