Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2022, 13:24   #1

New York, UWS area sailing school?

Hi,

Is there any sailing schools around Manhattan, preferably around Upper West Side? At this point I need some experience sailing (I've only sailed a few times in my life) and eventually certification.

Power boats is also a good start. I lived in Japan and Asia for some 7 years and I can now finally start making this happen

Thank you very much!
BoxHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 10:14   #2

Re: New York, UWS area sailing school?

Hudson River Community Sailing is a great place to start - https://hudsonsailing.org/racing/

They have a variety of options depending on how much experience you have and what kind of certifications or other goals you’d like to achieve.

They’re just a straight shot down the West Side Hway, I’ve biked there before too and it’s only a 15-20m commute from UWS and a good warm up!
Alee-dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2022, 21:39   #3

Re: New York, UWS area sailing school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alee-dia View Post
Hudson River Community Sailing is a great place to start - https://hudsonsailing.org/racing/

They have a variety of options depending on how much experience you have and what kind of certifications or other goals you’d like to achieve.

They’re just a straight shot down the West Side Hway, I’ve biked there before too and it’s only a 15-20m commute from UWS and a good warm up!
Wohoo sounds perfect! And the bicycle combo is so freaking ideal. Thank you good sir!
BoxHome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, sail, sailing, sailing school, school