Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2016, 09:57   #1

ICC course in English in Sardinia

Anyone know of a sailing course to pass the ICC in Sardinia (Sardegna), I tried contacting one place in the north but they ignored my emails and their site no longer seems to exist so I am wondering if they have closed or maybe it is just the season.
SpinDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 04:58   #2

Re: ICC course in English in Sardinia

Hi, Since I never got a response to this I thought I would come back with what I found out.

There seems at this time to be only one company offering ICC (IYT bare boat skipper and VHF radio) in english in Sardinia and they are oceanwind.ch. I just spent a fantastic two weeks course sailing in North Sardinia and happily passed. The course was very intense and every day was spent sailing and going over the theory. (If you want a relaxing beach holiday then this is not for you). The teacher was very knowledgeable and experienced and it was well worth the money paid IMO.
Old 26-06-2017, 07:53   #3

Boat: 26ft -> 38ft

Thanks for your post, I'm looking for some similar course. In which dates you did it (regarding the weather)?
Peterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 08:12   #4

I just did two weeks from 9th to 23rd June . I was perfect weather, not too hot and reasonable wind most days, anchorages were chosen well and comfortable to sleep. Sea was warm enough to swim in and very clean and not to touristy as it was early in the season.
Old 26-06-2017, 13:25   #5

Boat: 26ft -> 38ft

I'm thinking in september, this will be similar to june? (Its for my wife and I)
Peterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 02:16   #6

Yes should be about the same, after the august rush.
Old 18-07-2017, 14:35   #7

Hi,
Any sailing school offering 'RYA Day Skipper' courses will be fine. RYA's DS gives you direct access to ICC.

Home - HitTheDekk
annualLeave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 14:57   #8

I definitely recommend the RYA Day Skipper then automatic ICC. I found recently that IYT has lost their ICC authorization from Ireland and I wouldn't trust the one you get from the Bareboat Skipper. My IYT VHF was also recently rejected by the MCA so now I have to take it over and will through the RYA.
phillockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 15:44   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillockman View Post
I definitely recommend the RYA Day Skipper then automatic ICC. I found recently that IYT has lost their ICC authorization from Ireland and I wouldn't trust the one you get from the Bareboat Skipper. My IYT VHF was also recently rejected by the MCA so now I have to take it over and will through the RYA.
Hi phillockman,

I am interested in what you say here, I only just received my ICC from IYT a couple of months ago, where did you read that they had lost their authorization? (Their website still refers to it)

Thanks

Sam

Tags
english, icc