Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2021, 07:06   #76

Boat: CARABELA 650, previous Colvic Springtide 24 - modified
Re: Boat registration in the EU - as EU citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanmarco View Post
Hi Skipper Thomas,

I am also interested in the Polish registration (I am Italian). Could you complete your registration? Is it valid for life or 30 months as some web sites claim? Would you have a company to suggest for the paper work?

Many thanks,
marco

Hi Marco,

I can help you to register your boat in the Polish PYA Reja register, I just have it done for two my sailor friends from Portugal. The Polish yacht certificate is quite friendly, nor additional payments, no technical inspection, just one time did. The certificate - registration is not expensive, but all submitted documents have to be in Polish, or sworn translations into Polish must accompany.And this is source of additional cost. Basic documents is prove of ownership and prove of de-register from previous register (if applicable), as well as power of attorney for me, to represent you in front of Reja. Your boat must be below 24m long and only non commercial use. In standard conditions, EUR 320.00 should be sufficient, I will take care of all correspondence, payments and translations too. After registration into PYA Reja the Polish radio license is required. Documents to apply are the boat certificate, copies of your (owner's) SRC certificate and certificate of conformity of the radio station and all other transmitters. If conformity documents are in English they do not need Polish translation, so cost of EUR 80 would suffice.

You may contact me at kris@kmatuszewski.eu, if need more info or interested.

Kris

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polish Yacht Certificate20210110.jpg
Views:	1547
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	230188  
Old 11-02-2021, 05:58   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie12 View Post

Any feedback on this registration outfit?

I am looking to use them but information in their emails seems conditional on me having paid upfront.

Are they legit?
Hahser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2021, 12:50   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahser View Post
Any feedback on this registration outfit?

I am looking to use them but information in their emails seems conditional on me having paid upfront.

Are they legit?
Was wanting to ask the same question?

There has been a few random threads about Polish Registration but little feedback.

Thanks
calm waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2021, 03:47   #79

Boat: Custom 52

Your certification really doesn't matter. You need insurance and even they don't care as long as you pay your premium.

As far as Europe is concerned the Netherlands was the place to register for a number of reasons but Durch ICP is/has changed rules. That's why Poland has stepped up.

See below (never dealt with these)

https://www.polish-yacht-registratio...x&action=index
Old 18-07-2021, 04:30   #80
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Make sure you talk to your insurer before you change flag , insurance has different requirements ( tax , underwriters etc ) for different flag states.
Old 18-07-2021, 04:51   #81
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Make sure you talk to your insurer before you change flag , insurance has different requirements ( tax , underwriters etc ) for different flag states.
for sailing, you don't need insurance except you need in some country Third party liability Insurance and similar
more is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2021, 05:46   #82

Thanks for comments. More interested in the Polish flag and broker experiences.

I am on a non EU flag looking for a EU flag.

Spoke to several insurance brokers who can arrange insurance with the flag change.
calm waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2021, 06:10   #83
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm waters View Post
Thanks for comments. More interested in the Polish flag and broker experiences.

I am on a non EU flag looking for a EU flag.

Spoke to several insurance brokers who can arrange insurance with the flag change.
If you use polish flag you must use third party insurance from polish company and some company around poland who do this job.
if you have 1-10 year old boat is good to take hull,whole boat insurance,but for older boat is wasting money. because you recive maybe 20-40% of real boat market price but pay for 100% boat valid. you must open ask everything before contract. Never use broker,dealer of insurance contact direct insurance company,later if something hapen lawyer. but how i understand need have local adress for mail,document
more is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2021, 07:16   #84

I am Polish resident and recently registered three yachts in the PYA (Polish Yachting Association) using on-line platform reja24.gov.pl including radio licenses with different platform. One was my own yacht I just build, the other two were yachts of my friends from Portugal. The Polish flag is very convenient for non-commercial yachts - no renewals, inspections, whatsoever up to 24 (15)m. One inconvenience is time - it took two up to three months, maybe due to COVID. I can help to register under Polish flag and this will cost much less than with intermediate company. I'm going to start next long cruising in November - December, so still can make it.
Old 18-07-2021, 07:59   #85
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by more View Post
for sailing, you don't need insurance except you need in some country Third party liability Insurance and similar

Yes but if you have insurance ensure your talk to them before changing flag.
Old 18-07-2021, 08:59   #86

FYI.

Article titled: Important changes in polish yacht registries.

https://www.marinepoland.com/news/ne...egistries.html
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2021, 19:51   #87
Nearly an old salt

Boat registration in the EU - as EU citizen

There’s a strange addition

Essentially if you don’t have a polish radio license they will only accept RYA radio licenses. !!!!!

Given there is a EU wide CEPT agreement on vhf licenses this must run foul of EU law , I see this stipulation being widely challenged.

In the case of an applicant who is not a Polish national, the Office of Electronic Communications will only recognize qualifications awarded by the Royal Yachting Association, a British organization providing sailing training. The body issues competency certificates in English, which are among the most globally recognized.”

Ireland for example will not accept rya vhf licenses for applications for a ships radio license !!
Old 18-07-2021, 22:20   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
There’s a strange addition

Essentially if you don’t have a polish radio license they will only accept RYA radio licenses. !!!!!

Given there is a EU wide CEPT agreement on vhf licenses this must run foul of EU law , I see this stipulation being widely challenged.

In the case of an applicant who is not a Polish national, the Office of Electronic Communications will only recognize qualifications awarded by the Royal Yachting Association, a British organization providing sailing training. The body issues competency certificates in English, which are among the most globally recognized.”

Ireland for example will not accept rya vhf licenses for applications for a ships radio license !!
In the case of two yacht owners I helped to register their boats under Polish flags and get the Radio License for their boats one had Portuguese SRC radio license, the other British RYC, but with his Portuguese home address.
This was done in December 2020 and March 2021, so this is up to date.
Old 18-07-2021, 23:32   #89
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismatski View Post
In the case of two yacht owners I helped to register their boats under Polish flags and get the Radio License for their boats one had Portuguese SRC radio license, the other British RYC, but with his Portuguese home address.

This was done in December 2020 and March 2021, so this is up to date.

Yes I read on another polish registration site that any valid radio license is acceptable so clearly that site that I copied is wrong
Old 19-07-2021, 00:38   #90

Boat: Dragonfly 920 / 30 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapanui View Post
  • In general, you do not need sailing qualifications to register a boat, just to use it.
  • Individual country requirements for registration vary widely, they may require inspections, safety equipement etc as pre-requisites.
  • The requirements for sailing qualifications is country specific and applies only when you are inside their territorial waters. Croatia is one country amongst others that require qualifications. Countries can enforce whatever rules they wish regarding the boat and crew of whatever registration when inside their territorial waters. E.g. sailing qualifications, safety equipment.
  • Country of registration has no relevance to EU VAT requirements for free circulation.
  • EU VAT is required for vessels owned by EU residents only, irrespective of nationality. So an EU national owner resident outside the EU does not require EU VAT, but a non EU national owner resident in EU does.
  • Boats in the EU owned by non EU residents can obtain Temporary Importation without paying VAT with the constraint they have to sail out of the EU within 18 months and re-enter
  • Insurance companies can make up whatever rules they wish regarding who they insure. However, there are rules imposed by the EU regarding who can offer insurance and other financial services within the EU. So a non EU company may not be able to insure boats for EU residents for instance.
This post and the answers from the registration agent was very helpful for me. As a Swiss citizen who bought a boat in the UK this was crucial to understand and very hard to get any real info on.

My trimaran now has a provisional Polish registration, and will be insured by Pantaenius (based in Germany for my case, but global). As I only hold an RYA Day Skipper and could not get an ICC I should be fine anywhere but in Croatia.

The radio license is also in work, I did the RYA SRC course for that reason.
Simon.Sails is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, registration