Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 18:25   #1

West Palm / Jupiter Secure Boat Launch

Hi, we are looking for a marina or boat launch in the west palm / Jupiter area that has secure parking facilities for a truck and trailer. We plan to launch a boat for a 3 week trip to the Bahamas and need to leave our truck and trailer preferably in a secure lot. We found one place but they wanted $25 / day but for 20 days that's pricey. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
sharkbait007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 18:34   #2

Re: West Palm / Jupiter Secure Boat Launch

I think Lake Park Marina in WPB. You may try Sand Sprit Park in Stuart. You could call Parks and Rec in Martin county and ask them.
willpower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 19:06   #3

Boat: Beneteau 32.5

When I towed a boat to Florida for a Bahamas trip, I launched it at the public ramp in Indiantown. Fresh water, no tides little wave action, little use. I stored my trailer and car at the Indiantown Marina. If you want your boat launched with a travel lift, Indiantown can probably do that. This also avoided all the traffic further south.

Returning from the Bahamas, I entered via the St.Lucie inlet and was back in Indiantown that day. Departing, it was an easy day down to West Palm.

I also considered the boat ramp at West Palm and storing my boat and trailer at a storage facility instead of a marina.

That was several years ago, so things may have changed, but it's an option worth looking into.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 19:16   #4

I am currently looking for the same thing, when are you planning on departing? I was going to leave from Miami and go across to bimini for several days. Have you found any where yet?
jsmithbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 19:31   #5

Boat: 07 Leopard 40 / 93 Hunter 30T
West Palm / Jupiter Secure Boat Launch

Just a tad north of Jupiter in Hobe Sound is Jimmy Graham park just south of Peck Lake. It's not exactly secure but it is in a very nice area with little crime. I have left my vehicle there for a few days at a time never 3 weeks tho. I'm not sure if there is a time limit but will try and find out. I seriously doubt it would be a problem though. Here is a link to the facilities. BTW how much does your vessel draw?

https://public.myfwc.com/LE/boatramp...Park+Boat+Ramp
ShaktisBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:33   #6

Thanks. We draw about 3.5'. We are still looking for possible offsite boat storage locations. Our problem is the total length of the truck and trailer together is around 75' and the trailer is about 50' by itself so even disconnecting it in most places is still too long. We have a few people looking at their sites for room.
We plan on putting in next Friday and will head to west end to check in and then throughout the Abacos and Exumas over 3 weeks.
We'd prefer a secure location to park for that length of time.
sharkbait007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:27   #7

Here are a couple of google earth shots of the parking area. Looks like it could easily handle a 75 foot rig.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	434.0 KB
ID:	149534Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0396.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	149535Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0397.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	149536
Old 08-06-2017, 08:30   #8

Another thought would be why not trailer the boat to a boatyard with travel lift and launch that way? Cracker boy boat works in Riviera Beach would be a good spot just inside the lake worth inlet. There is a dirt lot parking area next door at the Riviera beach marina village.
Old 13-06-2017, 13:49   #9

Boat: advance 33 cabriolet

Riviera Beach ( palm beach inlet) PhilFoster boat ramp. (Off of Blue Herion blvd) with a gated storage area 2-3 miles inland on same road . lake Park marina can not accommodate length. you may want to consider boatyard such as Palm Beach Yacht center just south of gate way blvd. Or one of several off of PGA blvd just north of West Palm Beach. cracker Boys would be good if they have GATED storage available!
Sparler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 07:22   #10

Boat: Carver,Cobia,Nacra, Columbia

Launch at one of the boat ramps in Riviera Beach, one on US 1, the other at Blue Heron Bridge over the ICW. Take vehicle and trailer to self=storage place on Blue Heron
You can walk back to ramp or take the bus, or Uber. Then run to West End

1177 W Blue Heron Blvd, Riviera Beach, FL 33404 allacstorage.com

They will give you secure storage for reasonable monthly rate

Or Launch and Park long term at Harbour Towne Marina in Lauderdale, then shoot to West End or Bimini (or Berry if you have fuel for that run)

I prefer Lauderdale since you may need to wait on weather and there are lots of things to do in Lauderdale while you chill
flyingfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 19:06   #11

Boat: advance 33 cabriolet

Public Storage is name of storage lot on Blue Heron Blvd. DO NOT WALK or BIKE back to ramp! Take a taxi or uber. Much safer
Sparler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat