Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2018, 17:24   #1

Boat: boatles ,first time in 50 yrs.
Vantare 58 info.

Hi ,Im looking at a Vantare 58 motor launch for a friend as iv been a sailor all my life im wondering if any one has any info on these vessels , Any thing would be a great help thanks Bill. Just one other thing , has anyone had experience with the Vantare range , they look good , sandwich construction so probably soft spots in stress areas, but overall a lot of boat for the money..150,000 k kiwi , twin 8v71tts ,3300 hrs,? info on the motors would be good to(noisy & hungry i believe , he will be using it as a liveaboard most of the time.
billnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 02:45   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Vantare 58 info.

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, billnz.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:33   #3

Re: Vantare 58 info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnz View Post
Hi ,Im looking at a Vantare 58 motor launch for a friend as iv been a sailor all my life im wondering if any one has any info on these vessels , Any thing would be a great help thanks Bill. Just one other thing , has anyone had experience with the Vantare range , they look good , sandwich construction so probably soft spots in stress areas, but overall a lot of boat for the money..150,000 k kiwi , twin 8v71tts ,3300 hrs,? info on the motors would be good to(noisy & hungry i believe , he will be using it as a liveaboard most of the time.
I have owned a Vantare 53 for 17 years. Mine was designed by Jack Sarin and built at Dyna Shipyards in Kaoshiung, Taiwan. The Vantare brand went the way of many others with the luxury tax in the late 80's.Mine has 3208T Cats. You are correct that the hull is cored. Mine is Divinicell which is superior to balsa although the deckhouse is balsa core. You may likely have water in the core unless every thru-hull has been solid glassed so that the thru hull is tightened down on solid glass. If it is not the core will compress with age and allow seawater in. I love my boat and as long as it is well maintaied it will serve you well. George in St Thomas
ggordon1250 is offline   Reply With Quote