Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2020, 11:15   #1

Lookin for input.....

So I am noway fresh to boating,however sometimes ya just gotta ask for someone elses input. My first boat was a 32Wellcraft St Tropez with small blocks and believe it or not it was ok, however it was a pile **** rotted out and unreliable. The vessel i have now is a 02' Formula 330 sunsport its built like a tank and reliable as the day is long but its a little cramped and the ride quality can be a bit rough at times. My wife was not a fan of boating to much when we had the Wellcraft because of its condition so when i sold we took a year off. Last year we found our current boat and she was happy with it, its a day boat we have slept on it but it is tight. She still wasnt to keen on boating until she was introduced to my well neighbors 40ft regal commador and she really loves the ride. One day while scanning through youtube she finds a channel of a guy who runs from Lake St Clair Mi ( our home lake ) to Bimini on a 35ft sail boat and she found a love for boating although she has zero desire to have a sailboat. So this puts me on the hunt for a different model vessel. My current Formula has made me a life long buyer of the brand however i do not want tunnel vision either. So i guess I am lookin for a good touring boat with diesel power in the 40ft range with solid core construction. My budget is about 90K asking and do not want a flybridge, we would like to do the great loop with it so big water capability is a requirment as are ammenities. My current goto is a 41 Formula PC in the 98 and newer vintage with the Cummins 8.3.....they seem to make everyone happy. I brought this question here because a lot of you run bigwater and your knowledge of hulls and diesel power is vast as well as build quality...
slowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 05:39   #2

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge
Re: Lookin for input.....

Hard to say what might float your (and your wife's) boat, but you might invest in a copy of the Powerboat Guide and review offerings from folks like SeaRay, Cruisers, Regal, Tiara, Sabre, Hinckley, MJM, Back Cove... and just about anyone else who makes express cruisers in the style you're after...

You could also just browse yachtworld.com, see if some of those attract you enough to help you home in on something...

-Chris