Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2021, 17:54   #1

Boat: Grady White Canyon 376
Cruising from Puerto Rico to Miami

I'm thinking about doing this trip later this year. Maybe in October after the worst possible storm activity but hopefully taking advantage of some good weather between remaining October systems.

The boat is a Grady White Canyon 376(37 ft) center console with 3x350 HP Yamahas. Cruising range is 320 nm.

What stops would be recommendable? I would like to do it travelling days and staying in hotels since sleeping in the boat would not be our first choice. Thinking about a crew of four for the trip. Would hate to carry a gun, should I?

I'm thinking it'll be a good trip because it'll mostly be down wind and current. What do you guys think?
Mrs. Blue Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 03:22   #2

Re: Cruising from Puerto Rico to Miami

Following.
Kenlyn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 03:23   #3

Kenlyn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 03:53   #4

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge

There's a blog out there from several years ago, cruiser (m/v Mary E.) from Boston (-ish) tp St. Thomas.

Then last year, I was considering buying a boat that was on the east end of PR near Fajardo/Punta Cana, so I captured a rough pic of their mileage and ports :

Click image for larger version

Name:	PR-FLL.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	237290

Don't know whether there might be options to split long legs. We didn't pursue that boat so dropped the analysis...

-Chris
Old 26-04-2021, 04:46   #5

Boat: Grady White Canyon 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger42c View Post
There's a blog out there from several years ago, cruiser (m/v Mary E.) from Boston (-ish) tp St. Thomas.

Then last year, I was considering buying a boat that was on the east end of PR near Fajardo/Punta Cana, so I captured a rough pic of their mileage and ports :

Attachment 237290

Don't know whether there might be options to split long legs. We didn't pursue that boat so dropped the analysis...

-Chris
This is helpful!! If you re-kindle the thought of doing the trip, a two boat caravan would be welcome!! Even though it's a fast boat, my idea would be to enjoy the trip at about 20 knot average throughout.
Mrs. Blue Sky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, miami, Puerto Rico