Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 15:43   #436

Re: Completely Overwhelmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum29 View Post
If she was really going to do it, she never would of been affected by other peoples comments.
How am I affected by other people's comments???...LOL

In the end, I ALWAYS do as I please. But, I will defend myself.
GalaxyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:43   #437

Boat: too many

Good luck to you and it is good timing that the RE market has started to rebound.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:51   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Good luck to you and it is good timing that the RE market has started to rebound.
Thanks. I'm in a fairly high demand area, so hoping it shouldn't be long.
Old 09-05-2013, 16:37   #439
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl View Post
It's not a dream, it's a PLAN.

The update:

My house is currently on the market for sale. As soon as it is sold I am going to view a bunch of boats. Still not completely sure what I want and still weighing out options. I have a few on the short list, but there is 1 boat in particular that I think will be the "one" if it checks out and is what it seems to be. Can't wait for the day when I can post the pic of my new boat.

Watching Yachtworld every day...

Oh are you the lady that had the idea at one time of getting two boats? I was wondering how your plans were coming along. The housing market has picked up -- that should help. Good luck!
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 16:49   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuflames View Post
Oh are you the lady that had the idea at one time of getting two boats? I was wondering how your plans were coming along. The housing market has picked up -- that should help. Good luck!
Thnx.

I had too sort through a few options, but I have narrowed down to trawler 50-70'. But...I suppose anything is possible until purchase day.
Old 09-05-2013, 16:53   #441

Still have the desire to cross oceans?
Old 09-05-2013, 16:55   #442
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Thnx.

I had too sort through a few options, but I have narrowed down to trawler 50-70'. But...I suppose anything is possible until purchase day.

I think you have the right idea -- an open mind!
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:04   #443

Quote:
Still have the desire to cross oceans?
Bob,
It isn't really about the "ocean-crossing". I could really care less about the 2-3 week trek across. For me, it's about international cruising and not being limited. I would still prefer a capable boat, but I have opened my mind to be flexible knowing that a comfortable liveaboard situation is also very important for us and also knowing that I have the option of shipping.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:33   #444

Boat: Columbia 24
Maybe post a link to your listing? Some Moneybags on the forum might be interested in buying
Eumelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:50   #445

Boat: O’Day Daysailer II, 17'

Quote:
Thanks. I'm in a fairly high demand area, so hoping it shouldn't be long.
Maybe like these areas?
The Housing Bubble Blog » Returning To The Bad Habits Of The Boom Era

Hope I do not start too much of a topic drift with this
westwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 21:07   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwinds View Post
66' Cheoy Lee LRC
Cheoy Lee 66 ft Custom Motor Yacht - MAR Y SOL
1978 Cheoy Lee 66 Long Range - Boats.com
1980 Cheoy Lee 66 Long Range Motor Yacht - Boats.com
66 CHEOY LEE LRC Wide Body 1985 Trawlers For Sale Ft Lauderdale Florida UNITED STATES Harbour Listing page with info on yachts boats ships for sale and charter listings. (duplicate already posted?)
http://www.curtisstokes.net/pdf/broc...er-anhinga.pdf (duplicate already posted?)
Planet Yacht - 66' Cheoy Lee 66 Long Runner (duplicate already posted)

The Florida Bay Coaster sinks in thunder storm, but reason unknown:
A lesson learned about shitty boats [Archive] - The WoodenBoat Forum

Comments on Sinking
Sunk what outside Magothy River Annapolis how?? - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

PIcture of Florida Bay Coaster
http://mizzen.org/coasters/yachts/st...teelaway01.jpg
I don't know how you find some of these boats. Just when I thought that I had seen them all...
The Florida Bay is off the list anyhow because it sold. Probably just as well, because I really do want something more seaworthy. That temptation is gone.
The ideal boat would have 2 salon type areas. One for kids and one for adults. I would also be very happy with an enclosed pilothouse as a 3rd level. I found one that would be perfect, but the price is a bit north of my budget. Maybe I'll get lucky and the owner will drop the price some. Otherwise... still looking.

Funny thing though, it's true what they say. I looked at a Hat in my area about 6 months ago or so. The owner was going on and on about what a great boat it was yada yada. Saying that you can't find another for that price ($499k) in such great condition. The same boat has had a couple price drops since and is now listed for $350k.
Old 28-05-2013, 13:23   #448

GG,

I have another boat suggestion for you. Taking into account how important space is for you and your 5 kids, plus another adult family member and a captain to work with you for awhile, how does 6 staterooms (4 with ensuite head) sound to you? Another plus of this suggestion, it is a proven world cruiser that is more economical than anything you have looked at so far for cruising. It is 13 years old, has been constantly updated, and has a more kindly motion in heavy sea states than anything you have viewed. It has two large salon areas with seating for 13 for meals. Even though it has an asking price of $580K, in just two years of use, the savings over other boats you have looked at for the same cruising would justify that cost, besides a counter of $475K just might fly.
Old 28-05-2013, 13:44   #449

Quote:
GG,

I have another boat suggestion for you. Taking into account how important space is for you and your 5 kids, plus another adult family member and a captain to work with you for awhile, how does 6 staterooms (4 with ensuite head) sound to you? Another plus of this suggestion, it is a proven world cruiser that is more economical than anything you have looked at so far for cruising. It is 13 years old, has been constantly updated, and has a more kindly motion in heavy sea states than anything you have viewed. It has two large salon areas with seating for 13 for meals. Even though it has an asking price of $580K, in just two years of use, the savings over other boats you have looked at for the same cruising would justify that cost, besides a counter of $475K just might fly.
Ok...You have my attention. Sounds like Wonderboat. What's the catch? Where's the link?
Old 28-05-2013, 14:30   #450

The catch, if you can call it that, a sailboat. I know, not what you want but hear me out. Either sail or power, you will be taking on an captain/instructor to get you to the point of being able to sail, navigate, anchor and understand all your systems. The difference in these captains is for the sailboat you would have no problem finding someone willing to take a month off their 9 to 5 job and sail with you for free, once at your destination he/she can return to their 9 to 5 and you can motor around with a better than 1000 nm range on just 200 gallons. Do this a few times and you will be confidently sailing under sail to distant places on your own. This way all your early criteria is met and live aboard and cruising expenses is a fraction of a powerboat that is large enough to offer the same level of accommodations.

Still interested or did the idea of a sailboat end your interest?

Tags
paracelle