I have a 1980 41' Marine Trader aft cabin trawler
, It is identical to a Defever 42.
I put Coelan on my Flybridge deck
and my cabin
top in the spring of 2010.
$2000 for approx. 200 sqft
1. It has not pealed, separated, cracked or leaked water
2. When it gets wet, the caulking goes white but it dries out. Coelan breathes.
3. Coelan has a dull appearance except when it is wet.
4. On close examination there are little black specks that are appearing under
5. Although Colean claims it will fill in all cracks and will expand when the
wood expands and contracts with the heat, this is not true. After I finished
applying the coating in the spring of 2010, we had an exceptionally hot
summer, the deck cracked beside the caulking and opened up a seam
1/64" wide by 3ft long. Their were only a couple of cracks like this
however, so overall their claims are sound.
6. 4 years on I haven't touched the coating and it has not leaked.