Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2017, 15:23   #61

Re: Bluewater Yachts

SeaRayLady, is your Bluewater up north or down in Cape Coral? We had a 1988 bluewater 55 on Lake Cumberland but sold her. We live in Estero, FL now and are looking at a 65 ft Bluewater. It needs some work but can get her for a decent price with cummins diesels. Would like to see yours if you have her down here. I had concerns with using one here on the Gulf but sounds like I should be fine with coastal cruising. Even if she isn't down here, I would love to talk about them with you.
Thanks,
Dan
ipasgas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 21:32   #62
Marine Service Provider

Boat: We have a problem... A serious addiction issue.

If anyone is interested we are putting our Bluewater on the market in the very near future. I will be making a For Sale listing here in a week or so, but i thought I would toss it up here to see if there were any feelers first.

2000 Bluewater Yacht 5800
Twin 450 Cummins diesels 1,100 hours each
11kw generator 1500 hours

All sorts of detail and pictures coming in the near future. Just thought I wouldn't get it out there.

- If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.
Stumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2021, 14:08   #63

[QUOTE=RaySea Lady;2206630]Hi Larkinja,
question for you how do you feel about the stringers in the bluewater
toppnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 14:23   #64

Boat: Columbia sloop 40

[QUOTE=larkinja;2206990]This is great help. Thank you for sharing your experiences! These are the types of things we like to do as well. We made a trip from Holland to Ludington over Labor day, and it again reminded me that we need a bigger more comfortable boat.

So given a typical day on the big lake, how does she sit in what I would call an average day? My express cruiser bobs all over the place on anchor. We always throw an aft anchor to keep her facing into the waves, but still, no one can sit on the boat as they would be throwing up over the sides eventually. This happens even in slow 1 foot rollers.

RESPONSE JUNE 2022 from Bahamas couple on BW 51': My partner & I can only speak from our experiences with seakindliness and ride (as off and onshore long experienced ocean 2 boat sailboat owners) to compare 51' BW cruiser ride with one trip on ~50' Nordhaven in the Gulf Islands BC on a week's cruise with friends, and aboard 2 houseboat type boats at docks and our current several day trip on our 51' BW in the Bahamas.
We are currently taking our BW 1986 51' in Bahamas from S Long Island to N Abaco now (in June) with care in good Wx windows. We are towing our 40' old sailboat, which is following like a Duchess with her tiller lashed amidships. Enroute our newly purchased 1986 BW 51' rides comfortably and quietly under power on gentle protected and open (good Wx 1-2ft) seas steadily stable like a squat, comfortable duck! What a difference in motion compared to our normally comfortably stable, heavily- loaded-for-liveaboard cruising sailboat following. During when the seas picked up slightly, the BW 51' powerboat never gave indication of any seas, while our heavy, stable sailboat in tow we watched really rocking and pitching! Normally on Fla and Bahs coastal ocean jaunts in old heavy liveaboard cruising 40' sailboat (jib only does 5-8 kn comfortably; we are old and in no hurry) I needed to constantly chew fresh ginger root to not get nauseated....on the BW 51', I did not need ginger and felt not even a twinge of seasickness, and our ride at 5 kn was smooth and quiet (except for all that engine noise "downstairs"!).
When boat-shopping, we compared a couple of 45 '
"houseboat type" powerboats....which sat noisily and uncomfortably at docks in downtown Fort Myers and FM beach!
Would love to hear from other BW cruiser owners re their experiences with their boats! email me at myc.l.p.1057at gmail dot com.

Thoughts?[/QU
Carolyn Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 14:26   #65

Boat: Columbia sloop 40

re BW cruiser ride and thoughts ...we have a 51' 1986 Bluewater we have had a month in Bahamas. I submitted a reply to old post but it may not have gone in..Carolyn Phillip
Carolyn Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote