Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2020, 11:45   #31

Re: Aspen Power Catamaran

If you are shopping for Aspen, a call to the factory told me that volvo is discontinuing the D3 in them. They have not decided on a replacement yet. Aspen with twin diesel outboards would be a win, but even more $$$. Diesel 250 and 50 would be nice.
serpa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 12:57   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcaddell111 View Post
I like the information on the Aspen 107 . I have talked to Nick at Aspen. Right now I am planning to visit plant. I currently own a world Cat 29ec. Since my world cat is a planning hull, my biggest concern is how the Aspen will perform in sea conditions off the North Carolina coast. I would be using the Aspen for fishing in comfort. Any feed back would be appreciated.
This is a follow-up about our visit to the Aspen factory. We visited the factory a few times, and took two different test rides on the C107 Cat. We were very impressed with both Larry and Nick Graf…and the factory and it’s organization.
Our first test ride was in relatively calm waters… And Nick piloted us around the wakes of the ferry to give us a feel of a little rougher waters. Fortunately, while we were still there, the weather took a turn for the worse and we had the opportunity to experience rough seas like we might here in NC. Larry Graf took us out late in the afternoon when the winds were 25 knots (with 40 knot gusts) and the seas were kicking up ‘washing machines conditions with a constant 3-4 foot chop. We were incredibly surprised and impressed with both the handling and the ride of the C-107 given these unfavorable conditions. I mean.....truly surprised. The Aspen handled much betted than my 29’ World Cat does in similar conditions! The next day we were back in the factory with Nick and Larry placing our order. I am set right now to take delivery in July 2021 of my new Aspen C-107...and I can’t wait!
Gcaddell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 13:02   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizsla_Buddy View Post
Let me know your thoughts. I am on a WorldCat 230DC right now and looking at the Aspens. I love the ride of my WC on the Chesapeake and wonder how the Aspens will do in 3 - 4 foot chop.

Looking forward to hearing how your visit went.
I’ve updated my post to include info from my visit to Aspen.
Gcaddell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 13:51   #34

Boat: Aspen c90 LOA 30.5'

Thank you for the feedback concerning 3 to 4 foot chop in high winds. Congratulations Gcaddell111.
want2boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 15:55   #35

Boat: Aspen C120, 42 LOA

Quote:
The next day we were back in the factory with Nick and Larry placing our order. I am set right now to take delivery in July 2021 of my new Aspen C-107...and I can’t wait!

Congrats on your purchase! Have been working with Larry and Nick for quite some time now. They are fantastic. Our C120 is punch listing now and ready to deliver. We'll have it up in Annapolis by April.

Hope to see you on the water.
Lingberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 16:47   #36

Very nice. I would have liked to buy a Aspen over my Cutwater C30, but wow, I don't have that kind of money even with a used one. I would have really like the fuel economy of the 107 diesel and a king bed.
Very very few Aspens have AC and gen. Unfortunately no AC/Gen/Price, I rolled with the C30 which is an excellent boat.
serpa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 10:51   #37

Boat: WorldCat 230 DC

Quote:
I’ve updated my post to include info from my visit to Aspen.
Just read your post. Was that you he did a video of and posted on FB? I was thinking that trip was on a 108.

None the less, thanks for sharing. Very insightful. I have the 230DC WorldCat and if it is a lot better than that ... WOW. My 23 is already better than most boats I get to go on.
Vizsla_Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 10:55   #38

Boat: WorldCat 230 DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingberg View Post
Congrats on your purchase! Have been working with Larry and Nick for quite some time now. They are fantastic. Our C120 is punch listing now and ready to deliver. We'll have it up in Annapolis by April.

Hope to see you on the water.
I run in the southern bay and originally from the eastern shore of Md. If you would ever like to show off your new Yacht, I will gladly get up to the Annapolis area. Just let me know. Hopefully by April I will have a) the vaccine and b) done my factory trip out west.
Vizsla_Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran