Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20   #106
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesuede View Post
What's a politically correct way to tell the guy sitting on the starboard pulpit seat in the pic below to "Please do not sit there." Seriously, could any boat owner not look and be consumed with worry about the damage caused when it collapses?
From what I see the water is flat/calm I think that seat should hold the big guy alright, but I cant really see how strong its built from the picture , in that weather I dont think I would say anything- But I do like the idea of it being a kids seat, perhaps if your running charters take a blak marker and write on it - 200lb limit or kids only
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:49   #107
cruiser

i will guess that they dont trust the foot hold and are relying on their arms and their arms arent as strong as they think so they end up straight armed and leaning backwards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
What I can never understand is.....
Why do people ALWAYS LEAN BACKWARDS when they climb on board... be it up a swim ladder or stepping up from a pontoon..
They grab hold of something, place their feet and then throw their weight in the opposite direction....
No matter how many times I've shown people how much easier it is... staying as erect as possible and using legs and arms/hands in conjunction to get on board.... 95% of the time next time they come it just the same... the boat heels over and gear creaks under the strain.... and that 'Oh ****..!!' look appears on their faces...
And Mine,,,,
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote