Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-02-2016, 11:59   #151
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Boarding Neighbors in a Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
2AM? Phil, you're being modest. That is surely the all time world record for the inebriated long jump You should write to Guinness
Au Contraire Mon Ami...
It was one of my 'Hard Times'.. My evening meal was a walk up the hill to the 1st little bar.. order a small beer.. and tapa's would be say.. Chorizo and bread.. next bar, small beer and Batata's Bravas.. the next bar, Carne con Tomate.. walk a bit.. next bar, Pimentos con Alho e Aciete..
So basically for the price of say 6 small beers at 50cents a pop I got exercise and a balanced meal for 3 euro.. and free beer.. or vikeverka..
If it was an energetic day earning cash I'd splash out and have 8 beers..
Total alcohol consumed 2.5 pints.
Who needs loadsa money...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 12:18   #152

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Boarding Neighbors in a Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Remember a blow when wintering over in Agua Dulce near Almeria.. a cat broke its shore mooring lines and was just swinging on its bow pick up mooring.. it was around 2am and I was on my way back to the boat.
The night duty watchman was standing there just looking at it.. no way could he reach the boat and there was risk of considerable damage to it.. and others.
So I took a long run up and jumped the 10ft odd gap.. landed on deck and got some lines to him and we retied her securely.. no damage.
Never heard a peep from the owners but as far as the Marinheiro's were concerned I was 'The Man'.
I like helping out boats.. screw the owners
Back in the days of yore, I can remember some AH bitching because I put a spring line on his boat. After that it could sink in my opinion. I guess the pauper next door should have looked the other way. Most people on boats are great. The pauper and the rich. it is the Nuevo rich or near do wells that scare me.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote