Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2011, 10:56   #361
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: zeehag on the Move

if he allows me to shave his tummy i will post a pic......
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 11:40   #362

Boat: no longer on my Cabo Rico 38 Sanderling
Send a message via MSN to John A

Zee,
Suggest you check out Marina Mazatlan on the north end of the city. Take one of the small taxis, very cheap. El Cid marina in the same area is a little pricey.
You can always get another boatee to help you move your boat.
John
John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 11:52   #363

was advised marina mazatlan is a good place and goes to half pricing realllly soon...looking forward to that---wont have to use as many anchors during big blows......
Old 21-05-2011, 11:58   #364

Boat: J40 #33 since 1987

Just talked to a friend last night whose new 43 ft boat is at Marina Mazatlan. He said the 5 month summer special came to $325 a month; probably as good as you will find in Mexico. I have stayed there a couple of times and enjoyed it, but not for the Summer. Good bus connections and good people to deal with. You might also think about a portable air conditioner from the local Home Depot for Bubba. . My cat did OK with just air cooling from fans and open ports in the fall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AshesDance.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	27643  
sded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 12:02   #365

thankyou for info-- your cat has less fur than my maine coon mix boy-- he is actually suffering even with lying on his back open and dead loooking.......you have a pretty kitty!
patrick advised me that would be around the amount i could expect-- for a summer , isnt a bad idea--especially as there is some protection from big blowies.....
Old 21-05-2011, 12:17   #366

I know a number of people who have stayed the Summer (or longer) there (in preference to Paradise Village in PV) and all have good things to say about it. Just don't get a direct hit (anywhere).
Old 21-05-2011, 14:08   #367

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54

Used to be a lot of US ex-pats living aboard there, many had cars for runs to town... great bunch who really helped each other out, very social... attended many dock and parking lot parties there. Used to be a tamale lady who came once or twice a week and sold the most delicious home made tamales out of the trunk of her car... sold out every day. Not a bad place to roost for your hurricane season, Zee... cheers, Capt Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 14:14   #368

will go to check out marina mazatlan prolly monday with my friends who are leaving for sd , dangit-- timing is everything..LOL
then we will see how the repair work will suffer if i decide to go there instead of remaining here...LOL
Old 21-05-2011, 14:22   #369

While you are at Marina Mazatlan, you can check out the Singlar boatyard next door. My friends boat is actually in the yard currently, fixing some stuff found in the survey and getting the bottom done, and he says they do good work. There is also a marine supply live-aboard in the marina.
Old 21-05-2011, 14:24   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by sded View Post
While you are at Marina Mazatlan, you can check out the Singlar boatyard next door. My friends boat is actually in the yard currently, fixing some stuff found in the survey and getting the bottom done, and he says they do good work. There is also a marine supply live-aboard in the marina.
is that where the port supply dealer is???? i will look up htese-- thankyou!
Old 21-05-2011, 14:30   #371

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Sounds like you are definitely gonna get things done there in Maz Zee!
meburma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 14:35   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by meburma View Post
Sounds like you are definitely gonna get things done there in Maz Zee!
GOT A LOT DONE ON WAY HERE TOO-- HURRY BACK AND PLAY WITH US..LOL....
Old 26-05-2011, 08:55   #373

Boat: O'Day 37 Center Cockpit "Namaste"

Zee: Owner of restaurant at PE is Pedro, very nice guy; wife runs small store below. Also check out the Hidden Cove (or something along those lines) yacht club. It's really a social club. A donation of 20 bucks will get you in. (I don't think they have reciprocals, but still a good way to make quick contacts. They do have cool shirts.) Store has pretty good provisions, but there's another store about a 10 minute walk up the road toward the hiway, owner is Fernando. They have a pretty good selection of meat in a freezer, plus some decent produce. Owner is Fernando, and he'll usually give you a ride back if you ask. Also there is a restaurant (for variety) inside the "gated" trailer park that's pretty good too.

On Sundays, there's an open air market in Loreto that has very good produce. Getting to Loreto is a little expensive; you can grab a cab (about 50 or 60 bucks USD), or hitchhike on the hiway, or flag down the bus heading north. They run a couple of times a day, I think, but check with the locals. Not sure of cost, but trip from La Paz to Loreto was 500 pesos. You might ask about "Wild Loreto," a tour company that operates an funky Mercedes 4 wheel drive with bench seats in the back. If their around, you can get a round trip to Loreto for about 25 USD plus tip. If you do you them, Francisco is very nice (young kid, very helpful), they'll take you to the market on Sunday--ask for the ride back behind the airport. It's kind of a kick.

Also, there's a diver in PE named Ray whose very helpful and has a little shop in the Singlar facility on the first level. Hope all this helps if you go to PE. I'm off camping for a week, so no email till later. Have a great time.
lorenzo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 09:00   #374

willbe in mazatlan until i finish repairing my alternator bracket--need fabricated, and there is a fella here, mario, who does diving and repairs--- he has a sailboat as well as a panga and diving and repair biz..lol... and he finds fishies for certain folks here-- was helpful being a friend of my friends.. they paved a goood path..now to make sure that path is protected...LOL... to marina mazatlan for hurrycame season, methinks, as thre is a good spot to hide from wind and all there...if i get too overheated here i may sail up sea for a bit--- but my main goal is to make it to other side of canal......souf souf souf.......
thankyou for info --may just come in handy,as nothing i have planned works out in the way originally thunken.....
Old 26-05-2011, 09:03   #375

Boat: O'Day 37 Center Cockpit "Namaste"

Somewhere between the ideal and reality is the actual. Best of luck.
lorenzo123 is offline   Reply With Quote