Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:29   #1
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Strictly Sail Miami

Have any of you heard anything about the boat show">Miami Boat Show and specifically the Strictly Sail part? I've been checking the Strictly Sail web site and they still are listing the boats from last years show. I have also e-mailed the shows organizer twice to get a list of the boats this year with no response. I enjoyed it last year and have plane tickets this year but will pass if there are to few cats to see.
Palarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Strictly Sail Miami ~ February 12- 16, 2009
Strictly Sail

You're doing better than I. All I see is a blank page:
http://www.strictlysail.com/shows/li...ll&show_id=all

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04   #3

The link for the boats on display is: Strictly Sail which hasn't been changed from 2007. Why the manufactures haven't pushed this point I've no idea.

Thanks Gord
Old 06-01-2009, 12:34   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: PDQ 36 & Atlantic 42
I'd like to go this year. Has anyone suggestions for doing it on the cheap? I know there's a shuttle from the American Airlines Arena, but I haven't figured out how to get there from an area with cheaper Hotels. Not getting a rental car might give me another day at the show.
sandy daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 13:03   #5

I just got an e-mail from Phil Berman with the Multihull Company. He is going to show me some cats that are being sold in the area so I guess I'm going

Sandy, When I've looked on Expedia the cheap hotels are out of the downtown area. I'm going to rent a car and drive in. If your staying around in the area I'd be happy to pick you up in the morning, can't say when I'll leave. Last year they had shuttles from the arena to the strictly sail show. I'll post more info when I book my hotel. If your interested in seeing the boats with me, two are in Ft. Lauderdale. They are FP Bahia's. I'd value your insight as your already a cat owner. David.
Old 06-01-2009, 13:10   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigamarole View Post
Have any of you heard anything about the Miami Boat Show and specifically the Strictly Sail part? I've been checking the Strictly Sail web site and they still are listing the boats from last years show. I have also e-mailed the shows organizer twice to get a list of the boats this year with no response. I enjoyed it last year and have plane tickets this year but will pass if there are to few cats to see.
I went through the same thing with the Annapolis boat show. I believe that manufacturers and brokers don't like to commit to having a specific boat at a show until a few weeks beforehand simply because sometimes they don't know for sure themselves. I ended up calling directly manufacturers like Catana, Privilege and Gunboat to see what they believed would be at the show. Some had firm answers and some did not have that information yet.

Phil Berman offered my wife and I a demo ride on a Catana 50...nice guy!..nice boat! I will probably purchase my next boat through them. Their whole operation seems very professional.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58   #7

Sandy, I ended up booking a hotel room at "Fortune House" on Expedia. The room, incuding tax was $135/night. Pretty highly rated and only 5 blocks from Bayside Market. I guess the tram runs right outside the door so you can hop on it also. Had to book from the 11th to the 14th to get the rates. I'm going to skip the car as a cab would be cheaper and easier. When I check out the broker boats I'll rent one for the day. If you go down, pm me. David.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:39   #8

Boat: Med Yachts 62 Trawler
Since they've not updated the website, I wonder if they will combine the Miami motor and sail shows like they just did in St. Petersburg? Strictly Sail St Pete was full of fossil burners...
Old 09-01-2009, 13:04   #9

They do already. I didn't mind going to the powerboat area. We checked out a 50'+ Kadey Kroggen which was super-sweet. The go-fast boats don't excite me to much anymore but center consoles still do.

Tags
miami