Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: Which date suits you best?
July 12/13 3 100.00%
July 26/27 0 0%
August 16/17 0 0%
August 23/24 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2008, 16:46   #61

Boat: Sceptre 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
I draw 4ft, 6in. At 6ft you'll have to row those kids a bit further :-)
You mean the kids will have to row me farther!

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 18:48   #62

Boat: Mason 33 and a Nordic Folkboat (wooden)
We may have to line up according to draft. At 6', maybe we'll tie you up to the shipping channel marker out there..... (evil grin).

I basically use "no less than +0.7" tide to get our 5' draft boat in and out of San Rafael Creek with a controlling depth of 5' but two "humps" of 4.5 by recent sounding. I have seen a very soft bottom all in there, so I think we'll just plan on arriving and departing at +1 or more. Some earlier post gave the lows, and there weren't hideous extremes, if I remember.
Old 29-05-2008, 20:08   #63

Boat: Privilege 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I think I'll try and stay closer to the McNear's side. The kids will probably want to use the pool there.
What's the story on the pool? My son (15) would probably rather hang out at the pool...
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 20:29   #64

When I was in High School we used to go over to McNear's Beach for a picnic and to use their pool. It is a Marin County Park. $4.00 per person to use the pool. Here is a link to the website. County Of Marin: Parks and Open Space**-**McNear's Beach Park

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Old 29-05-2008, 21:17   #65

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42
The pool is right down the beach from china camp just a dinghys ride away. we were in there a week or so ago... dropped anchor about 50 to 75 yards off the beach.
Didnt have a problem with the depth and I draw 8'6"
Randyonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 22:28   #66

Thanks for the pool info!
Old 31-05-2008, 14:37   #67

Boat: Mason 33 and a Nordic Folkboat (wooden)
Scotte
Make ya a deal --- we'll show you the Froli system for the mattresses and let you jump on it if you let us check out your boat....... :=)
Terri
Old 31-05-2008, 16:17   #68

Location: On Board - Currently - Heading back to SF Bay from Mexico.
Boat: Valiant 50 - Raptor Dance
Send a message via Skype™ to RaptorDance
Hi folks!

Raptor Dance is docked in Puerto Vallarta for the summer, so if we come, we'll be driving. What time is the pot luck on the beach???

Cheers,
Bill
SV Raptor Dance - Valiant 50 #107
Bill Finkelstein & Mary Mack
https://raptordance.com
RaptorDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 18:07   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsaloft View Post
Make ya a deal --- we'll show you the Froli system for the mattresses and let you jump on it if you let us check out your boat....... :=)
Terri
Sounds like a deal!
Old 01-06-2008, 20:20   #70

This gathering is taking on momentum. We haven't really organized where we are ging to meet and at what time. It seems like some people will be coming by boat and others will drive over. In order to get this to work perhaps we should make a time to meet at China Camp. I propose 1530 on Satruday. Does anyone know if they have a barbecue pit. If they do I'll bring a bag of Charcoal and then everyone can bring whatever they want ot barbecue and a side or a desert and we can potluck the sides and deserts and cook up our own meat.

Do we want to organize events like tug a war egg toss or shots of Tequila? At the very least I think we shuld have a Gam where people will introduce themselves and tells us where they are going have been and anything else they plan on doing with their boat.

Please post your ideas, comments, and also post who is intending on coming and whether by boat or by car. I'll post this now so I don't erase it by accident like I just did witht he other post.

Charlie

Joseph Conrad
Old 01-06-2008, 20:42   #71

I'll probably be down early and set the hook on Thursday or Friday.. being I'm so deep, I'm going to try to get into the channel between china camp and the pool..
Was going to suggest, if there are a good number of people showing up, Might want to think about setting bow and stern and avoid the swing. setting both ends you'll be able to get more people closer together..
Because I'll be parking in that narrow channel for the depth, its almost a must for me.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:17   #72

RO3:

We'll have to go with dual anchors if you get there first and that is what you decide to do. Sounds like a good idea.
This is the list of people that I have by scanning posts:

Boats:

Windsaloft
Scotte
Charlie
Squaks
Aleil

Shore Party
David M
Kai Nui
Raptor Dance

Gene I'm unsure where you sit.

There should be plenty of dinks so we can get people from shore to boats and such. We can also decide whether we want to do a raft up or not.

If anyone wants to add their name to the this list just put up a post sayying that your interested. Could everyone who wants to be kept abreast of what is going on PM me their email address. I'll put the addresses all together and send off an email to everyone.

Charlie

Joseph Conrad
Old 02-06-2008, 09:53   #73

Boat: 1914 Fantail M.Y. "Strathbelle"
Don't hold your breath for me... I have to "sit" on dry land since I have no boat for the SF Bay.

The other problem is that I work on Saturday and the location you guys chose is the farthest of all the choices from work. A bit too far to take the Patrol boat.

1914 Fantail Motor Yacht of Riveted Iron & Steel
https://www.Strathbelle.com
Gene :^) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 21:45   #74

David and Charlie
So who is going to make up the T-shirts for this get-together. better start working on a design.........
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13   #75

I think T-shirts are only for the second annual and beyond. Lets get thru the first one

Charlie

Joseph Conrad

Tags
sf bay