Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2009, 03:42   #1

Boat: working towards a Lightwave 38
Sanctuary Cove Boat Show 2009

The Sanctuary Cove Boat Show starts in a couple of day's. Flying up to Queensland tomorrow. Can't wait to get amongst all the goodies. Lightwave, Stallion, Perry, Seawind, FP, etc, etc, aaaahhhhhhhh.

Anyone else out there going?

Craig.
1960cjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 04:30   #2

Boat: Farr 46
CJJ, you should feel right at home because it going to be wet & blowing like hell. Take youe wet weather gear!
Marinheiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 04:44   #3

I Know, I know, I can't believe it. At least the nights will be a bit warmer than down here in the south.
Old 24-05-2009, 03:46   #4

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder
just been and was not happy flying in on Thursday to find out it was called off.Pathetic of the organisers as they have had 12 months to get it happening and it has rained there before, fancy cancelling a day of a huge boatshow due to weather, would not want the boats to get wet! Wasted a day then only had four hours to tour the show on the Friday, cost me about $300 for every hour i was there.
dirkdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 22:42   #5

Thursday was canceled due to high winds. Apparently the organisers were worried about the marquees taking off. I had friends that flew up for the day on Thursday. Flights diverted, had to hire a car and in the end didn't see a thing. When we went to hire our car we were told that the insurance coverage didn't cover flood or hail damage. Talk about a nervous drive. worst weather I think I have ever driven in.

We had a great day going over the cats on Friday. (best weather of the show that day) Saturday went back over the cats that have made it to the short list. Lightwave 45 SP, Perry 43 and FP Orana.
Old 25-05-2009, 00:09   #6
Marine Service Provider

So it's not only Auckland Boat Show that has wind issues. They had to close one big marque at the last one as it was about to become an aircraft. They drove big trucks in and strapped it down hard

I would have though Sanctuary Cove was sheltered enough to be fine. Must be very windy then.

So anyone at the show, vendors I'm talking, dropping their pants on price? At a very recent show here a couple were but most weren't. Interesting to see who was under pressure in these weird financial times.
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 01:27   #7

GMac,

Sanctuary Cove was on the leading edge of some very severe weather. Beaches washing a way, mud slides, etc. An office worker was killed while he was at his desk. Got hit by flying debris smashing through a window.

Southeast clean up begins after worst flash floods since 1974 | The Courier-Mail

Didn't go to the Boat Show with the view of a purchase so soon, so wasn't taking any real interest in pricing. Ball park interest only. The couple of cats that I did ask about there was no Boat Show deals.

Craig
Old 25-05-2009, 02:30   #8
Marine Service Provider

Wow, didn't hear about that one. Mind you we've had a small qick but powerful yuck slide over as well so maybe it got lost amongst all that. Nothing here that bad sounding though. Bummer.
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat show