Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2010, 07:57   #16

Boat: a sailing boat
We do not act on it only because we are not pushed to the point. We are sane because we have not been tried.

I reject the society's vision of sanity.

When you stay away from it all for a moment you begin to see the bigger vision of insanity, the social and civilizational insanity.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 19:27   #17

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
We do not act on it only because we are not pushed to the point. We are sane because we have not been tried.

When you stay away from it all for a moment you begin to see the bigger vision of insanity, the social and civilizational insanity.

b.

Interesting.

And when the "hot" wire touches ground...........there are sparks.

On earth, as it is in heaven, no doubt.

PS, there are paragraphs above that were not included.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 19:34   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Poor guy, he must be insane if the best he could come up with as a request is an Egg McMuffin!
Quote:
Sonny: So what country do you want to go to?
Sal: Wyoming.
Sonny: Sal, Wyoming's not a country.
-Dog Day Afternoon
Some bank robberies are not as well thought out as others.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 22:00   #19

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1
Whenever I get to that point, I'm holding out for a breakfast burrito and they MUST promise to give me the TV remote in the institution.
sww914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 22:01   #20

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post

b.
Yeah, I've seen pants with holes in them for sale in LA for $450.00.
That is insane.
sww914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 23:21   #21

I heard that he "lost it" over a family law court matter.
Our system here in Australia can be pretty sick at times.

A friend of mine who's wife left him after 3 years on the boat was given 1/2 the boat by the law courts.
He has had the boat for 25 years, she put no money into the boat and when she was asked what she contributed, she said she bought him a speargun once.

A number of family law court judges have been shot over the last few years
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 03:07   #22
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau View Post
I heard that he "lost it" over a family law court matter.
Our system here in Australia can be pretty sick at times.
But he's a New Zealander not an Australian. He had been in Australia solo sailing for 2 years.... and family law problem would have been in the land of the long white cloud....

Nor is the Australian mental health policies at fault because the guy was a forign visitor...

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 04:16   #23
CLOD

Boat: none
Maybe he just wanted to spend some time on land, stay dry, take a good shower, have meals made for him, and couldn't afford it. Not uncommon in the USA for homeless people etc do something to get thrown into jail a while for this. Normally don't do something as extreme as this, but hey everyone makes mistakes.
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 05:50   #24

Boat: Traditional 30
Two years in Brisbane? Yep that would do it!
ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 13:31   #25

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
Maybe he just wanted to spend some time on land, stay dry, take a good shower, have meals made for him, and couldn't afford it. Not uncommon in the USA for homeless people etc do something to get thrown into jail a while for this. Normally don't do something as extreme as this, but hey everyone makes mistakes.

Dental care is real high on the list.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 06:08   #26

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulfborealis View Post
That bloke really has blown a fuze. I always get the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit.
Let me know where you find that in Australia -- or New Zealand for that matter. You probably would get a banger on a cracker with an egg.

Judy
S/V BeBe
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 10:06   #27

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
I'm with Barnakeil. Who says hes mentally ill? For all we know he blew a fuze because someone jerked his chain once too often. Maybe Brisbane harbour officials told him to move or leave or something. What was the trigger? Every man has his breaking point and will depart the realms of normal behavior if that point is reached. Overload of the mind with things that can be dealt with, and things that can't be dealt with. Finally you reach the straw that broke your back and you snap. But you aren't mentally ill. Your cup just ran over and you act out. I've been there myself, first I lost a good job, then my girlfriend left me, ended up in a whole row of lousy jobs, and then finally my mother died suddenly. The job I was in was mind numbingly boring, and my attendance started to drop. I ended up popping my foreman in the nose after he beaked off at me once too often. Then I walked down to the company nurses station and told them what happened. Ended up going to see a Pshrink who figured I was his meal ticket for the next 10 years. Wrong, Had one session with him in which I laid out all the crap that had happened over the past year. Then I left, quit that job and went on to drive a tow truck for a living. That took the excess load off, and in a week I was happier than I had been in a long while. Speaking to that Pshrink allowed me to list all the things i could control, and all those I had no control over. I dealt with the ones I could and then was free of the overload. The rest of it all fell in line.

You don't need to be mentally ill to lose it. In today's society, where everything is rush rush, money money, I'm surprised we don't have people snapping all the time. However, mental illness makes a neat excuse to lock up some poor schmuck who lost it once, and made a scene. Never mind all the things that caused him to lose it. They don't want to have to deal with the causal issues. Its easier to lock the guy up.

Sabre
SabreKai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia