Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2015, 07:50   #1

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]
New Procedures for [non US] Small Boat Reporting [Blaine, WA, US] Beginning 2016

FYI as this appears to affect non-US flagged vessels entering the US via Washington State.

Quote:
New Procedures for Small Boat Reporting Beginning 2016

Release Date: December 22, 2015

BLAINE, Wash. — U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations announces new procedures that are coming to the inspection process for foreign flagged private boats. These procedures will be in addition to the reporting process currently in place.

All operators of pleasure boats must report to CBP immediately upon arriving into the United States from a foreign port, place or location; or if they had contact with another vessel outside the U.S.; or if they have received merchandise outside U.S. territorial waters. Foreign flagged pleasure boats must also make a formal vessel entry on CBP form 1300 within 48 hours and pay applicable fees. At the time of entry boaters may request a cruising license from the applicable CBP port director.
Bill
Old 25-12-2015, 12:18   #2

Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)
Re: New Procedures for [non US] Small Boat Reporting [Blaine, WA, US] Beginning 2016

I do not see what is new. That is the process I go through in my UK-flagged boat.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote