Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2017, 04:24   #166

Boat: 1979 Endeavor 32
Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotsailor View Post
You are paying. Access points, boat launches public docks pump out boats and stations are all payed for by the federal and state taxes on boating and fishing equipment etc
YES! And this is what local and State politicians (including judges) would do, given the chance: write and enforce discriminatory and unconstitutional laws and ordinances, then by legal maneuvering, confine all challenges and appeals to the state court level.
  • They do this to deny you your Blood Bought rights as an American citizen.
  • They do this as a paid service for their wealthy contributors.
  • They do this in order to deny us privileges, goods and services for which we have already paid, through onerous and excessive taxation.
I've got a bulletin for you: The states do NOT have the right to set up private fifedoms independent of federal jurisdiction. But they will do just that if you allow it. We, as Citizens, are losing our rights to a process of attrition through the connivance of some and the apathy of others.

The boundaries of ethical rectitude and morale imperatives (not to mention constitutional safeguards and Oaths of office) that lawmakers transgress to follow this strategy is the very definition of evil. I can think of several, 'Thou shalt not...' statements off the top of my head; directives that our duly elected representatives have profitably, glibly and gleefully ignored. To them it is just business as usual; a service provided for those that pay to keep them in office.

However, if moral and ethical issues don't motivate you or if patriotism isn't your thing, try to remember that while they claim to be proponents of 'the greater good', they're stealing from the poor to feed the rich - and that it's you from which they're stealing.

So no, Robin Hood they ain't. More like the sheriffs of rotting ham.
Old 21-04-2017, 17:05   #167

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareKnot View Post
YES! And this is what local and State politicians (including judges) would do, given the chance: write and enforce discriminatory and unconstitutional laws and ordinances, then by legal maneuvering, confine all challenges and appeals to the state court level.
  • They do this to deny you your Blood Bought rights as an American citizen.
  • They do this as a paid service for their wealthy contributors.
  • They do this in order to deny us privileges, goods and services for which we have already paid, through onerous and excessive taxation.

I've got a bulletin for you: The states do NOT have the right to set up private fifedoms independent of federal jurisdiction. But they will do just that if you allow it. We, as Citizens, are losing our rights to a process of attrition through the connivance of some and the apathy of others.

The boundaries of ethical rectitude and morale imperatives (not to mention constitutional safeguards and Oaths of office) that lawmakers transgress to follow this strategy is the very definition of evil. I can think of several, 'Thou shalt not...' statements off the top of my head; directives that our duly elected representatives have profitably, glibly and gleefully ignored. To them it is just business as usual; a service provided for those that pay to keep them in office.

However, if moral and ethical issues don't motivate you or if patriotism isn't your thing, try to remember that while they claim to be proponents of 'the greater good', they're stealing from the poor to feed the rich - and that it's you from which they're stealing.

So no, Robin Hood they ain't. More like the sheriffs of rotting ham.

Well said, Philip.
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 16:02   #168

Boat: Gemini 105Mc

This thread is getting old, However, Matt Caldwell, the author of HB 1051, during that FL session, is now running for Commissioner of Agriculture. FL residents please do your best to remind this POS why we boaters will not be voting for him........
Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 16:21   #169

Link to email Matt Caldwell:

E-Mail Representative Matt*Caldwell*

Do it...............................................
Old 01-08-2018, 17:36   #170

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy J View Post
FL residents please do your best to remind this POS why we boaters will not be voting for him........
Some of us will be voting for him. As always, there are two sides to the story.
S/V Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:23   #171

Quote:
As always, there are two sides to the story
Please, enlighten us why a representative from SW Florida would author a bill restricting anchoring on the EAST Coast of Florida..............
Old 02-08-2018, 05:21   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy J View Post
Please, enlighten us why a representative from SW Florida would author a bill restricting anchoring on the EAST Coast of Florida..............
Life experience with politicians (and, living in Florida), has taught me that the reason will undoubtedly involve money.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:08   #173
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Life experience with politicians (and, living in Florida), has taught me that the reason will undoubtedly involve money.

Ya think?
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:40   #174

Boat: HOBIE 18
Exclamation Re: FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post

I mean, if you take an RV to a state or National Park you have to pay a fee to park right? If you park your car you have to feed a meter. Where it gets problematic is that if you use the same analogy, you could find that just like there is "residents only" parking, you could have "residents only" anchoring areas.
Hold that thought, and also consider what the definition of 'public land' really is was or should be.
A little extra reading;

When I was growing up on a mountainside across from the Shenandoah National Park in the 1960s, no one spoke of the injustices committed against the mountaineers brutally expelled from their homes in the 1930s to create that park. Instead, all that mattered in Front Royal, Virginia, my nearby hometown and the northern entrance of the park, was that the tourists the park attracted were good for local business.

Wash. Times: Redneck Ethnic Cleansing Recalled - James Bovard
Old 12-04-2019, 11:49   #175

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDW View Post

How far of a sea wall/ dock setback do you think is fair? We already have an exclusion of 25' I think for commercial fishermen (mullet) in Pinellas county.

How wide are the fairways in a typical marina? 50-60 feet? That’s plenty of area for you to maneuver a vessel onto a private dock.

We owned a waterfront property for 30 years and every weekend 4 or 5 massive sportfishers would pull up behind the house and side tie to each other for maybe days or the week. On went the obnoxious music and the diesel generators which blew fumes into our house all night and all day to provide ample ice and air conditioning. The view was definitely a reason why the property was purchased.

We just dealt with it. You don’t buy the water.
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:45   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Yes.

It's a fairly common tactic in Florida state politics to let someone from another district (or someone who is on the way out of the Senate) to introduce controversial bills. And districts with no skin in the game end up supporting them.

As a taxpayer/resident in Florida, you really do need to pay attention to the state politicians, who will absolutely take away anchoring rights and even access to the beach if you let them.

There's a huge fight over beaches brewing in Walton County, where politicians are absolutely siding with owners of beachfront properties to restrict access to beaches that have been open to the public since the beginning of time.

Stay vigilant, as the freedoms you consider a given are absolutely at stake, and can be taken away in a legislative back room when you're not paying attention.
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 06:25   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
Yes.

It's a fairly common tactic in Florida state politics to let someone from another district (or someone who is on the way out of the Senate) to introduce controversial bills. And districts with no skin in the game end up supporting them.

As a taxpayer/resident in Florida, you really do need to pay attention to the state politicians, who will absolutely take away anchoring rights and even access to the beach if you let them.

There's a huge fight over beaches brewing in Walton County, where politicians are absolutely siding with owners of beachfront properties to restrict access to beaches that have been open to the public since the beginning of time.

Stay vigilant, as the freedoms you consider a given are absolutely at stake, and can be taken away in a legislative back room when you're not paying attention.
The problem continues to be that while real estate developers and wealthy land owners continue to grease politicians with all kinds of over and under the table payoffs, the rest of the beach going population naively expects them to just vote in the best interests of everyone. When legislation is for sale to the highest bidder, only the high bidders are going to get the laws that they want.

And, the worst part is, we consider that behavior as normal now.
Old 14-04-2019, 13:53   #178
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
How wide are the fairways in a typical marina? 50-60 feet? That’s plenty of area for you to maneuver a vessel onto a private dock.

We owned a waterfront property for 30 years and every weekend 4 or 5 massive sportfishers would pull up behind the house and side tie to each other for maybe days or the week. On went the obnoxious music and the diesel generators which blew fumes into our house all night and all day to provide ample ice and air conditioning. The view was definitely a reason why the property was purchased.

We just dealt with it. You don’t buy the water.
Jeez, you are too patient.
I own waterfront property in Florida as well, but narrow canal, no anchoring.
That being said, if somebody on a boat nearby runs a gen or runs loud music, I would call the cops: Every neighborhood has a code and zoning detailing what is legal and what is not.
Arsehole boaters can go somewhere else and pollute and play loud, the residents should not have to put up with it.
Old 14-04-2019, 14:00   #179
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Jeez, you are too patient.

I own waterfront property in Florida as well, but narrow canal, no anchoring.

That being said, if somebody on a boat nearby runs a gen or runs loud music, I would call the cops: Every neighborhood has a code and zoning detailing what is legal and what is not.

Arsehole boaters can go somewhere else and pollute and play loud, the residents should not have to put up with it.

Really, a generator?
Most all generators are no where near as loud as a lawn mower, but I bet you don’t call the cops when someone mows their grass.
In fact I’d bet most generators make about as much noise as the average house heat pump.

Your whole argument explains pretty well what the problem is, see the waterway is not in your neighborhood, as much as I guess you think it is.
Old 14-04-2019, 14:04   #180
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

FL boaters get ready to fight again.....

I grew up as a kid we owned a beach house in Alligator Point Fl.
We only owned down to the mean high tide line, below that was public land, everyone knew that, anyone was welcome to set up their beach chairs etc right in front of the house.

Go down to South Fl, try to set up a chair in front of one of those resort Hotels, see what happens. I guarantee you will be run off, even though they don’t own that land, they think they do, and with this submerged land lease nonsense, they may control it.

Tags
Philippines, yacht