Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2022, 08:09   #1

Boat: Prout
Filipino on board

Hi, I met a Filipino girl 4 years ago who would like to join me cruising. Has anyone had experience of having someone on board, blue water cruising with a Philippine passport, has it been restrictive? Does it mean getting a visa for every country? I'm from the UK sailing under a British registered vessel. Many thanks in advance!
inchcailloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2022, 22:28   #2

Re: Filipino on board

Yes not as many countries will give visa-on-entry compared to a UK passport.

But you need to research in advance and accommodate each jurisdiction anyway, so not a huge deal worse.

If you are not married, you may want to set her up with a financial account and job history records that show she would be less lijely to jump ship and settle down illegally in a generous / high standard of living country.

Some of these girls may be pretty well-informed and predatory, had a friend as soon as his "girlfriend" landed in Norway she claimed he was an abuser and sex trafficker, she got nearly automatic residency with benefits, local and wealthier husband shortly thereafter, and he got deported.

Be careful out there
PaulCrawhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 19:52   #3

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

Sadly this thread already reeks of racism.

The yacht's flag of registry has minimal bearing whatsoever on the countries one can travel to (so I had to say minimal because a UK sailboat wont be traversing the Black sea anytime soon. And other than the recent war in Ukraine I would have written none).

Visas are issued based on passports. But perhaps this will help:

Filipinos don’t need a visa to travel to the following countries:
Barbados – up to 90 days
Bolivia – up to 90 days
Brazil – up to 90 days
Cambodia – up to 30 days
Colombia – 90 days, extendable for another 90 days
Costa Rica – up to 90 days. You will get 30 days on arrival, and you can extend it up to 90 days once in Costa Rica.
Côte d’Ivoire – up to 90 days
Dominica – up to 21 days
Ecuador – up to 90 days
Fiji – up to 4 months
Haiti – up to 3 months
Hong Kong – up to 14 days
Indonesia – up to 30 days
Israel – up to 3 months
Kazakhstan
Laos – up to 30 days
Macao – up to 30 days
Malaysia – up to 30 days
Micronesia – up to 30 days
Mongolia – up to 21 days
Morocco – up to 90 days
Myanmar – up to 14 days; also eligible for a Myanmar eVisa for up to 28 days
Palestine
Peru – up to 183 days
Rwanda – up to 90 days
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines – up to 1 month
Singapore – up to 30 days
Suriname – up to 90 days
Taiwan – up to 14 days. The visa-free program for Filipinos has been extended until July 31, 2020
Thailand – up to 30 days
The Gambia – up to 90 days. However, unless you are a tourist on a charter flight, entry clearance from the Gambian Immigration is required before travelling).
The Hainan province of China.
Vanuatu – up to 30 days
Vietnam – up to 21 days. Filipinos are also eligible for the Vietnam eVisa, which is valid for 30 days.

I don't know about the United Kingdom's people and where they can go anymore. Many moons ago there was a place called Europe that their citizens could visit in sail boats very easily, but the people in the south in a place called England decided to have most of their little islands towed way way way out in to the Atlantic and so keep the bad bad Europeans (and all their stuff out). At the moment the people in England are busy busy building a big big fences to stop people and stuff travelling from one of their islands to another, strange. And the northern people living in a place called Scotland are rebuilding a a thing called Hadrian's Wall to keep the southern people of England and their stuff out of the North.
Old 25-05-2022, 20:53   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmc View Post

The yacht's flag of registry has minimal bearing whatsoever on the countries one can travel to (so I had to say minimal because a UK sailboat wont be traversing the Black sea anytime soon. And other than the recent war in Ukraine I would have written none).

Barbados – up to 90 days

Bolivia – up to 90 days

Brazil – up to 90 days

Cambodia – up to 30 days

Costa Rica – up to 90 days. You will get 30 days on arrival, and you can extend it up to 90 days once in Costa Rica.

Dominica – up to 21 days

Ecuador – up to 90 days

Fiji – up to 4 months

Haiti – up to 3 months

Israel – up to 3 months

Kazakhstan

Laos – up to 30 days

Macao – up to 30 days

Malaysia – up to 30 days

Mongolia – up to 21 days

Morocco – up to 90 days

Palestine

Peru – up to 183 days

Rwanda – up to 90 days

Suriname – up to 90 days

Taiwan – up to 14 days. The visa-free program for Filipinos has been extended until July 31, 2020

Thailand – up to 30 days

The Gambia – up to 90 days. However, unless you are a tourist on a charter flight, entry clearance from the Gambian Immigration is required before travelling).

Vanuatu – up to 30 days

Vietnam – up to 21 days. Filipinos are also eligible for the Vietnam eVisa, which is valid for 30 days.

I don't know about the United Kingdom's people and where they can go anymore. Many moons ago there was a place called Europe that their citizens could visit in sail boats very easily, but the people in the south in a place called England decided to have most of their little islands towed way way way out in to the Atlantic and so keep the bad bad Europeans (and all their stuff out). At the moment the people in England are busy busy building a big big fences to stop people and stuff travelling from one of their islands to another, strange. And the northern people living in a place called Scotland are rebuilding a a thing called Hadrian's Wall to keep the southern people of England and their stuff out of the North.

Gotta say… I read the first line and thought “cool, this didn’t go sideways” then read some cool stuff about Visas and then BAMO! You got’Em.

Way to call it out.
JC Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 15:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmc View Post

Barbados – up to 90 days
Bolivia – up to 90 days
Brazil – up to 90 days
Cambodia – up to 30 days
Dominica – up to 21 days
Ecuador – up to 90 days
Fiji – up to 4 months
Haiti – up to 3 months
Israel – up to 3 months
Kazakhstan
Laos – up to 30 days
Macao – up to 30 days
Malaysia – up to 30 days
Mongolia – up to 21 days
Morocco – up to 90 days
Palestine
Peru – up to 183 days
Rwanda – up to 90 days
Suriname – up to 90 days
Thailand – up to 30 days
Vanuatu – up to 30 days

Perhaps I am not thinking of something......but how exactly "does this thread reek of racist"? It is a question of nationality and what passport you (or passengers) hold. Is it "racist" that under my passport (USA) I can stay in the UK 6-months but only stay in the EU 90-out-of-180 days?? All Americans (white, black, asian, etc....) all hold the same passport and the same rules apply to all races holding that passport.
Fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 15:59   #6

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbob View Post
Perhaps I am not thinking of something......but how exactly "does this thread reek of racist"? It is a question of nationality and what passport you (or passengers) hold. Is it "racist" that under my passport (USA) I can stay in the UK 6-months but only stay in the EU 90-out-of-180 days?? All Americans (white, black, asian, etc....) all hold the same passport and the same rules apply to all races holding that passport.
Thank God a voice of reason. I didn’t understand that racism comment either.

But along the lines of what Paul said, I hope the OP is very careful. That has happened to a lot of people. I actually know someone with a similar backstory. The false abuser claim. It’s a quick way for them to get through the paperwork if seeking to move.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 17:07   #7

Boat: Shannon 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
Thank God a voice of reason. I didn’t understand that racism comment either.

But along the lines of what Paul said, I hope the OP is very careful. That has happened to a lot of people. I actually know someone with a similar backstory. The false abuser claim. It’s a quick way for them to get through the paperwork if seeking to move.
You say you don't understand why the accusation, and then you emphasize the exact thing that the quote was referring to. I believe you, you really don't understand the comment.

I will try and explain it.

ANY woman of ANY nationality of ANY country can turn out to be a bad choice. People can be mean and do bad things. Any people. A person from anywhere can make false accusations against another person.

Just because you know someone who had this experience, and the woman happened to be Filipino - even if you heard this happened 3 times - is no good reason to insult Filipino women.

To call out Filipino women as predatory is racist. Period.

I'll tell you a story about a Norwegian woman I knew. Married to my cousin. Went after him with a carving knife one day. Almost killed him. NEVER marry a Norwegian woman. See how dumb that sounds? I can't believe I have to explain this to an obviously intelligent person. Sigh.
jordanbigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 17:15   #8
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Filipino on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanbigel View Post
You say you don't understand why the accusation, and then you emphasize the exact thing that the quote was referring to. I believe you, you really don't understand the comment.

ANY woman of ANY nationality of ANY country can turn out to be a bad choice. People can be mean and do bad things. Any people. A person from anywhere can make false accusations against another person.

Just because you know someone who had this experience, and the woman happened to be Filipino - even if you heard this happened 3 times - is no good reason to insult Filipino women.

I'll tell you a story about a Norwegian woman I knew. Married to my cousin. Went after him with a carving knife one day. Almost killed him. NEVER marry a Norwegian woman. See how dumb that sounds? I can't believe I have to explain this to an obviously intelligent person. Sigh.
Why is it Racist.???
I would have thought Sexist was more appropriate.. wasn't the phrase 'Gold Digger' a Patriarchcal creation.???
Methinks some men are shucking responsibility..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 17:16   #9

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:

You are just flat out wrong. That just shows you have no experience with the women of these particular countries. And especially the ones that go after farang. I am in one of these countries right now. Please. This is like armchair sailing. But instead of speaking from no experience about boats, it’s speaking about no experience with the more opportunistic nature of the women that go after farangs in these countries. There is a scam a minute going on out here. You have to be very alert. Just because you don’t have any experience with it, doesn’t mean you should pipe in and call it racism.

There’s nobody on here who said not to marry a Filipino woman. What they said was you should be careful. Because there are lots of scams and tricks. They were absolutely correct.

And lastly, I am close with several Filipino women in the United States. They don’t have the same thing. Because they’re not trying to go anywhere different. To go to a different country. To change their life. If I was racist, I would have said those women were crazy or something. So in fact, you couldn’t be more off. This is about nationality. Not race. You’re just trying to see racism wherever you can. And you are squinting a little too hard.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 17:53   #10

Boat: Shannon 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
You are just flat out wrong. That just shows you have no experience with the women of these particular countries. And especially the ones that go after farang. I am in one of these countries right now. Please. This is like armchair sailing. But instead of speaking from no experience about boats, it’s speaking about no experience with the more opportunistic nature of the women that go after farangs in these countries. There is a scam a minute going on out here. You have to be very alert. Just because you don’t have any experience with it, doesn’t mean you should pipe in and call it racism.

There’s nobody on here who said not to marry a Filipino woman. What they said was you should be careful. Because there are lots of scams and tricks. They were absolutely correct.

And lastly, I am close with several Filipino women in the United States. They don’t have the same thing. Because they’re not trying to go anywhere different. To go to a different country. To change their life. If I was racist, I would have said those women were crazy or something. So in fact, you couldn’t be more off. This is about nationality. Not race. You’re just trying to see racism wherever you can. And you are squinting a little too hard.
There is a scam a minute going on everywhere.
jordanbigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 18:23   #11

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
There is a scam a minute going on everywhere.
^^^^^This, regardless of race, color, gender, creed, or country of national origin. That there are so many be turn out to be due to a failure of parenting. Too much about look out for number one, not enough about working together for common goals.

Ann
Old 05-08-2022, 21:02   #12

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
^^^^^This, regardless of race, color, gender, creed, or country of national origin. That there are so many be turn out to be due to a failure of parenting. Too much about look out for number one, not enough about working together for common goals.

Ann
Scam a minute is technically true because it’s so vague. Localized scams and cultural, how do I say, manipulation exists.

Nobody in USA ever demanded compensation because they were the chief (ahem) and I was walking on kastom land. I haven’t run into hundreds of Canadian girls looking to get married to me. The guy who got beat up in Pretoria by a bunch of Americans and Brits who got tired of the “minister died and left you five million” turned out to be, surprise, Nigerian. State Dept didn’t refuse entry of my friends new Haitian wife because she was black. Word is, though I can’t offer personnally observed evidence, that the 20 YO 6’ Russian beauties divorce almost as soon as they get US residence.

Let us not pretend that the Philippino want to be wife doesn’t exist. It does. It happened to a colleague. She came to USA, then the whole family which he supported. That said, 30’years later and they’re still happily married. So who knows.

But let’s not play rainbows and make believe that some peoples are not inclined to certain activities. Generally speaking Australian males have no chivalry and drink far far too much. Generally speaking German engineers are arrogant pricks. Generally speaking American tourists are loud, ignorant morons.
Old 05-08-2022, 22:10   #13

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
Scam a minute is technically true because it’s so vague. Localized scams and cultural, how do I say, manipulation exists.

Nobody in USA ever demanded compensation because they were the chief (ahem) and I was walking on kastom land. I haven’t run into hundreds of Canadian girls looking to get married to me. The guy who got beat up in Pretoria by a bunch of Americans and Brits who got tired of the “minister died and left you five million” turned out to be, surprise, Nigerian. State Dept didn’t refuse entry of my friends new Haitian wife because she was black. Word is, though I can’t offer personnally observed evidence, that the 20 YO 6’ Russian beauties divorce almost as soon as they get US residence.

Let us not pretend that the Philippino want to be wife doesn’t exist. It does. It happened to a colleague. She came to USA, then the whole family which he supported. That said, 30’years later and they’re still happily married. So who knows.

But let’s not play rainbows and make believe that some peoples are not inclined to certain activities. Generally speaking Australian males have no chivalry and drink far far too much. Generally speaking German engineers are arrogant pricks. Generally speaking American tourists are loud, ignorant morons.
You forgot one, generally speaking airline pilots are ignorant pratts.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 22:21   #14
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchcailloch View Post
Hi, I met a Filipino girl 4 years ago who would like to join me cruising. Has anyone had experience of having someone on board, blue water cruising with a Philippine passport, has it been restrictive? Does it mean getting a visa for every country? I'm from the UK sailing under a British registered vessel. Many thanks in advance!
https://www.passportindex.org/passport/philippines/

but you dont tell wher you sailing. if you saling around filipines not problem. indonesia 1 visa not bad. around world huge problem, i dont know how manage so huge number of visa
more is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 22:38   #15

Boat: 45f5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post

We dont even make the top 10!

We are even behind the Poms, Kiwis, most of Europe.

Long bow to pull there fly boy.

For the record, I know plenty of Filipino ladies here married to Aussie blokes for a very long time. All seem really nice.
Apollo19.5 is offline   Reply With Quote