Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2022, 08:09   #1

Boat: Prout
Filipino on board

Hi, I met a Filipino girl 4 years ago who would like to join me cruising. Has anyone had experience of having someone on board, blue water cruising with a Philippine passport, has it been restrictive? Does it mean getting a visa for every country? I'm from the UK sailing under a British registered vessel. Many thanks in advance!
inchcailloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2022, 22:28   #2

Re: Filipino on board

Yes not as many countries will give visa-on-entry compared to a UK passport.

But you need to research in advance and accommodate each jurisdiction anyway, so not a huge deal worse.

If you are not married, you may want to set her up with a financial account and job history records that show she would be less lijely to jump ship and settle down illegally in a generous / high standard of living country.

Some of these girls may be pretty well-informed and predatory, had a friend as soon as his "girlfriend" landed in Norway she claimed he was an abuser and sex trafficker, she got nearly automatic residency with benefits, local and wealthier husband shortly thereafter, and he got deported.

Be careful out there
PaulCrawhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 19:52   #3

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

Sadly this thread already reeks of racism.

The yacht's flag of registry has minimal bearing whatsoever on the countries one can travel to (so I had to say minimal because a UK sailboat wont be traversing the Black sea anytime soon. And other than the recent war in Ukraine I would have written none).

Visas are issued based on passports. But perhaps this will help:

Filipinos don’t need a visa to travel to the following countries:
Barbados – up to 90 days
Bolivia – up to 90 days
Brazil – up to 90 days
Cambodia – up to 30 days
Colombia – 90 days, extendable for another 90 days
Costa Rica – up to 90 days. You will get 30 days on arrival, and you can extend it up to 90 days once in Costa Rica.
Cτte d’Ivoire – up to 90 days
Dominica – up to 21 days
Ecuador – up to 90 days
Fiji – up to 4 months
Haiti – up to 3 months
Hong Kong – up to 14 days
Indonesia – up to 30 days
Israel – up to 3 months
Kazakhstan
Laos – up to 30 days
Macao – up to 30 days
Malaysia – up to 30 days
Micronesia – up to 30 days
Mongolia – up to 21 days
Morocco – up to 90 days
Myanmar – up to 14 days; also eligible for a Myanmar eVisa for up to 28 days
Palestine
Peru – up to 183 days
Rwanda – up to 90 days
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines – up to 1 month
Singapore – up to 30 days
Suriname – up to 90 days
Taiwan – up to 14 days. The visa-free program for Filipinos has been extended until July 31, 2020
Thailand – up to 30 days
The Gambia – up to 90 days. However, unless you are a tourist on a charter flight, entry clearance from the Gambian Immigration is required before travelling).
The Hainan province of China.
Vanuatu – up to 30 days
Vietnam – up to 21 days. Filipinos are also eligible for the Vietnam eVisa, which is valid for 30 days.

I don't know about the United Kingdom's people and where they can go anymore. Many moons ago there was a place called Europe that their citizens could visit in sail boats very easily, but the people in the south in a place called England decided to have most of their little islands towed way way way out in to the Atlantic and so keep the bad bad Europeans (and all their stuff out). At the moment the people in England are busy busy building a big big fences to stop people and stuff travelling from one of their islands to another, strange. And the northern people living in a place called Scotland are rebuilding a a thing called Hadrian's Wall to keep the southern people of England and their stuff out of the North.
Old 25-05-2022, 20:53   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmc View Post
Sadly this thread already reeks of racism.

The yacht's flag of registry has minimal bearing whatsoever on the countries one can travel to (so I had to say minimal because a UK sailboat wont be traversing the Black sea anytime soon. And other than the recent war in Ukraine I would have written none).

Visas are issued based on passports. But perhaps this will help:

Filipinos don’t need a visa to travel to the following countries:

Barbados – up to 90 days

Bolivia – up to 90 days

Brazil – up to 90 days

Cambodia – up to 30 days

Colombia – 90 days, extendable for another 90 days

Costa Rica – up to 90 days. You will get 30 days on arrival, and you can extend it up to 90 days once in Costa Rica.

Cτte d’Ivoire – up to 90 days

Dominica – up to 21 days

Ecuador – up to 90 days

Fiji – up to 4 months

Haiti – up to 3 months

Hong Kong – up to 14 days

Indonesia – up to 30 days

Israel – up to 3 months

Kazakhstan

Laos – up to 30 days

Macao – up to 30 days

Malaysia – up to 30 days

Micronesia – up to 30 days

Mongolia – up to 21 days

Morocco – up to 90 days

Myanmar – up to 14 days; also eligible for a Myanmar eVisa for up to 28 days

Palestine

Peru – up to 183 days

Rwanda – up to 90 days

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines – up to 1 month

Singapore – up to 30 days

Suriname – up to 90 days

Taiwan – up to 14 days. The visa-free program for Filipinos has been extended until July 31, 2020

Thailand – up to 30 days

The Gambia – up to 90 days. However, unless you are a tourist on a charter flight, entry clearance from the Gambian Immigration is required before travelling).

The Hainan province of China.

Vanuatu – up to 30 days

Vietnam – up to 21 days. Filipinos are also eligible for the Vietnam eVisa, which is valid for 30 days.

I don't know about the United Kingdom's people and where they can go anymore. Many moons ago there was a place called Europe that their citizens could visit in sail boats very easily, but the people in the south in a place called England decided to have most of their little islands towed way way way out in to the Atlantic and so keep the bad bad Europeans (and all their stuff out). At the moment the people in England are busy busy building a big big fences to stop people and stuff travelling from one of their islands to another, strange. And the northern people living in a place called Scotland are rebuilding a a thing called Hadrian's Wall to keep the southern people of England and their stuff out of the North.

Gotta say… I read the first line and thought “cool, this didn’t go sideways” then read some cool stuff about Visas and then BAMO! You got’Em.

Way to call it out.
JC Reefer is online now   Reply With Quote