Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 12:28   #61

Boat: Island Packet 35
Nothing next to 6th st bridge
Hotel L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 14:21   #62

Boat: Lagoon 37
Re: Annapolis Sailboat Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Eye View Post
OK - I have a question for all you Annapolis Boaters. (or any boater with this problem) I am anchored in Spa Creek up pass Marker # 3. We have a wonderful spot with nice neighbors, the only thing that is becoming a problem our the lil cute ducks. At night they are coming and sitting on the dink and leaving lil presents of HUGE piles of duckie poop. They are also coming on the back platforms and pooping. I know lifting the dighy up is an answer but I was wondering if there is any other trick to keeping them off the boat? When we lived in the islands people would hang plastic bags up to keep the seaguls off. Is there a duckie keep-off trick. Cleaning poop in the morning is getting old - and fast (it sucks even more after a night out at Boatyard and davis's!!)
DUCK TAPE Sorry I couldn't help myself!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjusdreaming/
"The only way to get a good crew is to marry one." -Eric Hiscock
JusDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 17:53   #63

Boat: Stevens 47

Well, we did the museum and other tourist type things today in D.C., and first thing in the a.m. we head down to the boat show. My feet are killing me, but we will carry on as if we're normal. We'll book in to the Holiday Inn on Riva road, and then we're there!

This will be our first run at a real boat show, we've got two days to cover it...and a little more if we feel the need. Looking for a new chartplotter for our Bayfield29, no electronics on it right now..so a hand held VHF that floats is on the list as well. Crab cakes....local beer....checking out some of the used boats for sale...and visiting the Gozzard line is on my list, which is of course subject to change.

Who's got the best deals on chartplotters and hand held vhf's?

gunk
gunkylump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:47   #64

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by estarzinger View Post
I poked around the show today and thought there were three boats worth a look:

Three little birds
Civilian version of the Leadership 44
Outbound 46
I really like the Leadership 44 as well; however, I like the new Navy 44 that was at the show a couple years ago even better.

Sorry I didn't go onboard the Three Little Birds. Looks very nice!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:11   #65
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
I really like the Leadership 44 as well; however, I like the new Navy 44 that was at the show a couple years ago even better.
What did you like better about the navy 44? Is there a civilian version of it available? I did not see it, but had understood that the leadership 44 was an evolution/refinement of it.
estarzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:29   #66

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by estarzinger View Post
What did you like better about the navy 44? Is there a civilian version of it available? I did not see it, but had understood that the leadership 44 was an evolution/refinement of it.
It was a couple years ago when it was at the show so I'm just going on recollections but it was mainly the layout below. Very utilitarian but I like that. There was a great locker for weather gear">foul weather gear at the bottom of the companionway and Treadmaster even below on the sole as well as I remember. Lots of stainless grab rails below and very little wood. As I say "utilitarian" but everything very functional. PS did a nice review of it with lots of pictures (August 2008 issue). Don't know if they've done a civilian version yet but they sure should.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:42   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
It was a couple years ago when it was at the show so I'm just going on recollections but it was mainly the layout below. Very utilitarian but I like that. There was a great locker for foul weather gear at the bottom of the companionway and Treadmaster even below on the sole as well as I remember. Lots of stainless grab rails below and very little wood. As I say "utilitarian" but everything very functional. PS did a nice review of it with lots of pictures (August 2008 issue). Don't know if they've done a civilian version yet but they sure should.
Boy that sounds great to me. Nothing wrong with utilitarian design in a boat except most woman would never let their mates buy a boat that makes sense. One thing I don't like about my boat is the liner. Very clean and elegant but, getting to the cabin top is a PITA because of the cosmetic liner! But, nothing that a little time with a Dremel tool won't solve :
THE BIANKA LOG BLOG: REBEDDING HANDRAILS: Part 3 Remounting the rails
Old 09-10-2011, 19:06   #68

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36

It was a great pleasure to meet up with Cats Eye and Hogfighter on Saturday!! A very good time was had by all. I hope we can do this again.......

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
S/V Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:16   #69

Boat: Hunter 430

I agree, Antares! Sloane is still trying to get the horseradish out of her nose......

Boy, the weather was PERFECT!! Not too many Yachty Snottys there....the recession was good apparently for cleaning them out. The new Leopard 44 was a disappointment. The Southerly 49 was absolutely beautiful. In the end, my wife said she likes our boat best....whew!!

I went to the Raymarine tent and asked why my wind indicator had a mind of its own, and that the Master Reset instructions in the manual, well, didn't reset anything. The rep came back in two minutes with a paper writeup as to how to really reset the thing, as the intructions in the manual were garbage. That made the trip worth while right there!

Thanks to all for contributing to this thread....the crepes at Sofi's Crepes was a huge hit, the roast beef sandwiches at the Reserve Club were to die for. Nice meeting you Antares and Catseye!!
hogfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:33   #70

Boat: FP Athena 38

It was a great show! It was great meeting up with CF peeps!!
The weather was beautiful!

I think we should pan more CF meetings!!
Cats Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 15:49   #71

Boat: It will be an Island Packet 38 most probably

I agree, it was a great show and the weather was superb!!

I visited several boats including the Antares, what a cat!! It has so much storage room, you can easily loose something in it. I also visited several brokers to see boats that interested me, such as the Island Packet. Our dream is going to come through!! After talking to one of them, he arranged for us to spend the night on a catamaran in NY on our way back. The seller is really interested in selling his cat.

We also enjoyed the seminars, very educational.

We were short on time but next year, we will arrange to make it a vacation and enjoy the town more. It looks amazing!!

Missou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, boat show, sail, sailboat