Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2010, 11:47   #1

2010 Annapolis Sailboat Show Countdown

I just checked and the 2010 Annapolis Sailboat Show is a mere 199 days away! Anybody as excited as I am?

As a sailing newbie, last year was my first year attending. I think this year will even be better because I will actually have some true sailing experience under my belt (Key Largo, here I come!!!).

I'm hoping to be able to get down into the sailboats and look in all the nooks & crannies again.... to better formulate my want & need list for when I purchase my first sailboat.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:33   #2

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
Last year there were 25% fewer boats and people. Hunter and Catalina, usually with large fleets at the show, are falling on hard times. Raymarine is going bankrupt. If the economy doesn't improve (which is not very likely after the bill passing last night) ther may be lots of room on the docks this Fall.
speciald@ocens. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 22:29   #3

be careful about working in Maryland. They will tax what you earn, ental income earned out of state, your whole year of pension, and a portion of SS income. Temporary workers fail to vote in Maryland so they are the perfect target. If you do not pay, my tax company tells us that the state will find you an a couple/few years and make you pay back taxes and fines. Our bill in past due taxes ad fines for not paying on time, far outweighed the income over at least three weeks.
Be careful working the show. They record everytning with a 1099 but that statue may not be ale to be supported because of the management clause.
Ask a tax person.
Al and Carol aoard Voyager
alherrle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show