Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 14:09   #1

Boat: Morgan 44 CC
Please stop the emails

Please can someone assist me with stopping the flood of emails regarding replies to subscribed threads.

I believe I have turned off everything in my User CP relative to this but still I get emails flooding my inbox.

Thanks
CassidyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 14:29   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34
Re: Please stop the emails

When you first go to your user CP, you will see a list of threads you are subscribed to in the middle, of your user CP page. There is a unsubscribe tag on each one. Additionally you can go to your edit options and unclick many of the email options there. That should greatly reduce amount of email you receive.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 14:31   #3

Boat: Pearson 367

In each email there is a link to unsubscribe if other avenues aren't working. It's what I do and dont receive emails after I've clicked the link.
LLCoolDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 15:27   #4

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Under User CP:

(I have mine set to "Do not subscribe"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	options.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	195456  
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:32   #5

Thank you all for the answers as I was wondering how to stop the mails too.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Under User CP:

(I have mine set to "Do not subscribe"
So the “No email notifications” I clicked doesn’t work? What’s the point? What is the difference between subscribing or not?

So I’ll set mine as you have and see the difference.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2019, 14:34   #7

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Cassidy, you have to click that you do not want the e-mails. I do not get them, either.

Subscribing can also be turned off. It is the default position that if you contribute to a thread, the system subscribes you, unless the function is turned off.

Ann
Old 07-07-2019, 18:36   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Cassidy, you have to click that you do not want the e-mails. I do not get them, either.

Ann
Thanks Ann, if you mean like images attached, been there. First one done in User CP, second right here in the answer-to-thread page. Neither work

Not subscribing to threads may fix it but then one gets lost trying to remember what discussions one is involved in. Irritating when someone poses a point/question and then doesn’t return to the thread to see the responses.

If I’m to participate in this board, I’ll respond to several posts at once but if it means 10 emails per thread arriving in my inbox every day, I might just can it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06B124CD-CC85-4D88-B564-3581345FC1A9.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	195536   Click image for larger version

Name:	C31BB8D8-CD13-42E5-820F-DD5372094542.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	195537  

Old 07-07-2019, 19:09   #9

Boat: 50’ Bavaria

You can definitely subscribe to threads and not receive a single email. Subscribing to threads is very handy as you can find all the interesting threads from the quick link above.
Tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 21:38   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillsbury View Post
You can definitely subscribe to threads and not receive a single email. Subscribing to threads is very handy as you can find all the interesting threads from the quick link above.
I’d be really pleased to know how to do that - lose the emails, I mean.
Old 07-07-2019, 22:02   #11

Cassidy, sorry this is being such a hassle for you. I had a look and it looks like you're set up okay, and I do not know why you are having this problem. I will send a PM to an administrator and ask her to take a look: she's far more knowledgeable than me. I do not know how long the process will take: it's nighttime where she is and she may not get to it tonight.

In the mean time, there is one other thing you can try: look at the blue stripe at the bottom of the page. There is a "Contact Us" button. If you click on that, and fill out the posting box that comes up, that will go into a queue for administrators to check. Someone will reply to you by e-mail.

I am going to write to "my" administrator now.

Ann
Old 08-07-2019, 02:01   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Cassidy, sorry this is being such a hassle for you. I had a look and it looks like you're set up okay, and I do not know why you are having this problem. I will send a PM to an administrator and ask her to take a look: she's far more knowledgeable than me. I do not know how long the process will take: it's nighttime where she is and she may not get to it tonight.

In the mean time, there is one other thing you can try: look at the blue stripe at the bottom of the page. There is a "Contact Us" button. If you click on that, and fill out the posting box that comes up, that will go into a queue for administrators to check. Someone will reply to you by e-mail.

I am going to write to "my" administrator now.

Ann
Hey Ann, thanks for your input so far. Please don’t let my hassles become yours. I’m OK to follow this up with administrators, I was perhaps naively thinking that posting my request in this area of the forum would automatically attract their attention.
Old 10-07-2019, 16:49   #13

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

If you have changed your settings to not subscribe that's a good start. That will change your settings moving forward. BUT if you were subscribed to threads you prior to this you will need to unsubscribe to those. Go here: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...n&folderid=all

Look in the center of the screen for a list of threads you are currently subscribed to and unsubscribe to those as well.

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 19:58   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
If you have changed your settings to not subscribe that's a good start. That will change your settings moving forward. BUT if you were subscribed to threads you prior to this you will need to unsubscribe to those. Go here: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...n&folderid=all

Look in the center of the screen for a list of threads you are currently subscribed to and unsubscribe to those as well.
Hey Janet, thanks for that. It’s not about unsubscribing. Being subscribed to a thread makes it easy to find all the threads one is involved with. Without it, remembering what to look at for responses or discussion points quickly becomes random.

So I don’t want to unsubscribe from these threads - I just don’t want a dozen emails cluttering my inbox telling me that another member has posted to one of them.

Cheers
Old 10-07-2019, 21:01   #15

NZ Cassidy,

But, you have to un -subscribe to them, in order to kill the old e-mail notification that somehow became attached to the subscription. I'd suggest you note the name of the thread, unsubscribe, then re-subscribe if you want to find them in your CP. It will be tedious, for sure, but it should deal with the problem.

If I understand correctly, the glitch is somehow attached to the original subscription, so Janet's plan ought to work. Remember, computers are here to help us!

Ann

Tags
email, lease