Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2018, 23:45   #1

New post

On Monday I made a new post (volvo penta MD 22L will not accelerate) but did not receive any responses. I do find back this post when I do search on edventure but I can not find this post under tap “new post”
Did I do something wrong?

BR

Edventure
edventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 00:10   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: New post

Check your throttle cable..?

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 00:40   #3
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: New post

Quote:
Originally Posted by edventure View Post
On Monday I made a new post (volvo penta MD 22L will not accelerate) but did not receive any responses. I do find back this post when I do search on edventure but I can not find this post under tap “new post”
Did I do something wrong?

BR

Edventure
No, it won't show up for you under the new post tab unless someone else posts to it.

The new post tab only shows threads that have you haven't yet seen. As you made the original post, the CF software knows you must have seen it and thus does not put it into your new post tab.

Another easy way for you to find it is to look at your subscribed threads in the pull down menu of "Quick Links". This shows every thread you have either started or posted to or subscribed to whether you have already seen them or not.

Hope this helps!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 00:49   #4

Boatman61, many thanks for reply. Appreciated.

My original post from Tuesday May 15th was as follows:
Volvo MD 22L will not accelerate anymore
I do have 2 Volvo Penta MD 22L engines in my sailboat. They both do have same problem:
The engines do start without any problem. I can run them for hours without any problem but if I would bring back the throttle to neutral and than do try to accelerate again (backwards or forwards) the transmission (PRM Delta) is engaging (the shaft is turning slowly) but the motor is not reacting but remains running stationair(quite regular though) as if the throttle would still be in neutral position.
This problem starts to occur only after 2 hours of running; if I let the engine rest a while/cool down (having it neutral is already sufficient) the engine would engage again as normal (but after a limited period of time the same problem will occur). Strangely enough, if the problem occurs and I dis-engage the transmission the motor will accelerate without any delay.
The engines are 2 stand-alone machines that have their own filters, tubing etc) except for the diesel tank (approx. 700 liter). Filters have been renewed; tubing have been blown through.
Any ideas on what could cause this problem are very welcome

K.R.
Eddy

Do you have any advise?

Eddy
edventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 03:54   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Another easy way for you to find it is to look at your subscribed threads in the pull down menu of "Quick Links". This shows every thread you have either started or posted to or subscribed to whether you have already seen them or not.

Unless, like me, you've got your profile set to:
Default Thread Subscription Mode: Do not subscribe.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 21:42   #6

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

edventure,

If you re-post about your issue in the forum called "Engines & Propulsion", you may get more responses.

This one, for tech support, is more about using the CF website, and most of the people who look at it are not mechanics, whereas people who do their own work look at the Engines and Propulsion threads, and more knowledgeable posters try to help them figure out what is going on with their engine.

Good luck with it,

Ann