Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2006, 07:26   #1

Boat: Med Yachts 62 Trawler
Logon Issues - Minor

Two issues that are minor :

1) The site will NOT remember my user ID even though I have the "Remember Me" box checked. I must type in my user ID each time I visit the site. I use Firefox v1.5.0.5 browser and cookies are enabled in my profile.

2) I can log in, select Quick Links -> Today's Posts and browse the forum entries just fine. Then I click on the "Discussion Board" main link - and I must go through the login process all over again. Apparently the login timer either expires while I browse 'Today's Posts'; or you are not tracking session state across the menus / point of entry.

Keep up the good work - love the site!

Old 28-07-2006, 11:08   #2

Boat: Prout Manta 38' Catamaran - Sunspot Baby
Do you have cookies blocked on your browser setting? To remember you, sites have to plant a cookie. Blocking them will keep all sites from automatically logging you on.

George
Bob Seger
Sunspot Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2006, 12:54   #3

I do allow cookies but see that they were set for removal each time I close Firefox. I've changed that setting to "Until they Expire" and will see what happens.
Old 30-07-2006, 08:31   #4

Still having the same logon issues after changing the cookie settings in Firefox. Any suggestions?
Old 30-07-2006, 12:58   #5
Kai Nui

Mark, I am having the same problem, running IE6 and Win 2000. I have been unable to fix it. I have PMed Andy, and will, hopefully, have an answer soon.
Old 30-07-2006, 13:20   #6
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
I am looking into this now... What happens if you use the "Cruisers & Sailing Forum" link below the image ion the left rather then the "Discussion Board" main link. I wonder if that works, if so, please report back so I can look at those links and see if the session is passed differently???

Thanks for your feedback. We will get this fixed ASAP.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 13:36   #7
Kai Nui

That is the link I have saved, and I am still having the problem. I have changed a cookie setting and for the moment, things seem to be working. Not sure if I solved the issue, or just bypassed it, but does appear to be an issue with the computer, not the site.
Old 30-07-2006, 14:01   #8
Kai Nui

Nope, that didn't get it. Seems to be a time out issue. I let the computer sit for about half an hour, still logged into the forum. I closed out, and re-opened the site. It did not remember my computer.
Old 31-07-2006, 05:51   #9

More info: I am now logged in and used the menu to browse "Today's Posts." I can click the "Cruisers and Sailing Forums" link and remain logged in just fine. However, if I select the "Discussion Board" box at top center of the page, it requires me to login once again.

First visit to the site after closing my browser still does not remember my user name.

Seems that session state is not being maintained across the site. Are you load balancing across multiple servers? - if so, session state ('sticky' parameter) is not being kept. Or cookies are expiring / not being set as expected.