Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum Tech Support & Site Help
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like to have a "women on board" thread here?
Yes, definitely 13 68.42%
Sure, good idea 4 21.05%
I don't care 2 10.53%
No, we don't need one 0 0%
Definitely not 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19-03-2006, 06:03   #31

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 46 :Star-Gazy"
Send a message via AIM to gini Send a message via Yahoo to gini

A bit overdue (makes a change from overweight), but would like to thank Wheely Al for his accurate summation. The masculine points were becoming somewhat irrelevant to The Thread. IF I were ever left alone at the main windless (coz the autopilot couldn't hack it's task) then THE LEAST the Kipper can do is keep her (n.b.) up into wind... Already got an OLD 2-speed windless - doesn't everyone?, even on a decrepit home-built boat like our's?

NEXT, since I'm a Junior Cruiser and only been living aboard this particular boat for the past 25 yrs, maybe I haven't NOTICED that the many cruising woman (on most cruising boats, you will agree, IF you have been cruising) and female skippers of couple-crewed vessels and PLENTY of single-handing females, are not accepted??? The ony place where they are made to feel uncomfortable, and make the locals like-wise, is in the Arab domains.

ANY GALS OUT THERE WANNA CHEW THE FAT? (Or Non-Fat)
Old 24-03-2006, 01:05   #32

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 46 :Star-Gazy"
Send a message via AIM to gini Send a message via Yahoo to gini

G'day Folks, especially the Wheelies on the 'new' Tahitian! Hope the First Mate is now enjoying her sailing.
I posted a response regarding PLANTS ON BOARD but now can't find it. Sorry about the bumbling around the site - as with all else, especially, sailing, I find all the WRONG ways of doing something - which the Skipper could never dream of and therefore not avert - so would appreciate it if someone could point me to that particular thread: I thought it was on the Women's Forum.
Old 24-03-2006, 08:13   #33

gini

Here's what you were looking for, about "Plant's On Board"?

http://www.cruisersforum.com/showthr...5&pagenumber=4

Good luck?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 22:16   #34
Kai Nui

Of particular interest to the lady's on board here, I have a new show up. Hosted by, and including a couple of members here, it is a discussion on cruising from a woman's perspective. I bowed out, and my wife hosted. It is a great show. Check it out
http://www.moosemeals.com/seas.htm
Old 24-03-2006, 22:24   #35

Good show!!!

Highly recommended to the female sailors out there!!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 06:59   #36

Boat: Pearson 28 Providence
Thumbs up

I have just listened to the show it was great, my husband and I are planning on moving aboard sometime this fall and so I have been reading all I can about life aboard and this show really helped. Listening to these women talk about their experiences actually got me more motivated than reading about it. Great Show ladies. I look forward to more of them.

Wendy
Wendy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 12:47   #37
Kai Nui

Thanks Wendy. I will pass that along to Susan. We will be doing another show in the near future along the same lines. I am hoping to get Pat Henry to participate, as well as a few other members here on the forum. Something a bit more indepth.
FWIW, that was Susan's first time conducting an interview of any sort. She was rather self critical, but I was quite impressed.