Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2021, 06:30   #1

Boat: Lagoon 46
Fizzy water???

The water from my tanks comes out of the tap with more bubbles and effervescence than soda water! Odorless and Tastes fine😂
Any ideas of the cause? If it were bacteria giving off gases, I would think there would be foul odor or taste.
Tracyandkimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 06:47   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 57
Re: Fizzy water???

If you let the water sit in a glass, does it clear up relatively quickly from bottom up? Then it is air and there is a leak somewhere on the suction side of your water system. Are the tanks full or could the pickups in the tank(s) be sucking in some air? Somewhere between there and the pump there is air coming in...
Old 16-08-2021, 09:43   #3

Boat: Lagoon 46

Thanks! Makes sense. Since it’s coming from all the taps, I assume it’s pretty early in the line. The hunt begins! It would be easier to spot if it were on the output side.
Tracyandkimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 09:49   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 57

I think that it worth looking into this sooner rather than later, because air bubbles can cause cavitation in the water pump and potentially damage it. The pump is the most likely location for a problem and perhaps just checking all connections there (tightening any hose clamps or screws) might fix the problem. Pump vibrate and vibrations loosen things...

I see you are in Cape Charles - I went to college just about 40 miles due west of your location

Tags
water