Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum Tech Support & Site Help
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2006, 21:31   #1
Bob Norson

Am I retarded or?? how to put up an image?

I admit to not being a puter genius.. in fact sometimes I am proud of it... like having an enemy that every one knows is an jerk. I would like to post photos, both in the gallery and on posts and I can not work it out. I checked out a thread from last year but they were either over my head or the system has changed or??

Can someone help?? I am starting to get a complex......

please use little words.....

Cheers
Old 19-03-2006, 01:05   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Wink OK Bob,

First click on the PHOTO GALLERY in the upper right had corner.

In that window you will see the words "UPLOAD PHOTOS" in the upper righthand side. Click on that.

Then in that window select the category and go down onw and click on "Browse...". Select your picture. And add any info you want to go with the picture in the following lines. Then goto the bottom of the page and click on "upload/submit"

This will show you your picture. If you want to post them in a new post or reply you nned the address of the pic.

On a PC, right click and select properties. This will show you the address, hilite and copy (control+C) the .jpg address.

On and Mac, push control and click, select "open image in new window" then copy the .jpg address in the address bar.

Now to put it in a post or reply, there is a bunch of little boxes above the message box. The one with the IMG, click on that and then paste the pic. addess in there, and click OK.

99% of the time it'll post your picture. There are days when it won't, just try another time or shut down your computer and try again. GIGO

BTW you can paste any .jpg address from any site into the IMG box. You may want to copy and print this so it's EZ to follow!

Enjoy............................................. ......................_/)

delmarrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 01:20   #3

Also try this visual link.

It has a detailed photo of what delmarrey was saying!!

Good luck!!

http://cruisersforum.com/photopost//...t=1&thecat=500

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 09:09   #4

Like this............by Gordmay

From the welcome screen, click on 1, which will bring up a new screen. Click on 2.
Then click on 3, and select a jpeg file from your computer.
Items 4, 5, & 6 are optional.
Click on 7 to complete upload.

Old 19-03-2006, 10:59   #5
Bob Norson

you guys are great! And thanks for not making fun of me.... I'm very sensitive!

I'll give a try a little later. It's 4:30 AM and I am up checking the action. We have cyclone "Larry" just passing over us now. Thankfully it went just a little north of us but it's been a rough night for the sailors in Cairns.

thanks again
Old 20-03-2006, 11:11   #6
Bob Norson

i don't get it.... when i click on "photo gallery" I don't get the window you guys are indicating.... i might have to take a photo of my screen and email or something cause it goes right to a thumb nail selection of various photo threads but no facility to up load.... computers hate me... which is only fair.
Old 20-03-2006, 12:56   #7

Boat: Med Yachts 62 Trawler
I had the same problem. You must set your profile to allow Cookies... specifically this option:

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) yes no MUST be set to 'Yes.' No idea why automatic login would affect this, but it does.

Not real intuitive - once I set that to 'Yes' I saw the "Upload Photos" link at the top of the page.

Good luck!
Old 20-03-2006, 15:16   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Bob:
Try now. I took the liberty of changing your profile preferences to “Yes” browse with Cookies. Sorry, if I overstepped the bounds.
Gord

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 13:48   #9
Bob Norson

OK... got the upload window but no matter how small I make the file it knocks it back with a pop up says "..typical reason is file size is too large." I'll try again later.
Old 28-03-2006, 13:57   #10

Hey Bob.

Are you trying to post a photo on a regular posting thread?

If you are? You might not ever get to post a photo. Unless you get a special photo program?

Before you ask me that question. I have no answer. I have had that same problem.

So I stuck with just using the member's photo gallery instead.

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 29-03-2006, 11:27   #11
Bob Norson

nah K ... I'm just trying to put in the gallery. I figured I would get that problem solved before going further. I went step by simple minded step as instructed by delmarry (thanks mate!) trying to move a small photo from the "my pictures" folder in "my documents" with no luck so far.

This is getting embarrasing! Theres probably a second grader in Phoenix that could spot what I'm doing wrong... but I CAN sail!
Old 29-03-2006, 18:02   #12

Bob,

The average size photo, which EZly works on here is around 640 X 480 pixels @ around 72 dpi. That's makes about a 148 KB file size. Pick out a picture and get the spec's on it. Full screen pictures start getting a little big with high resolution.

Maybe you could even send it to one of us through e-mail and see if we could upload it, just to see if it's a fluke.

What computer and operating system are you using??? Someone here may have the same and could offer some advice if they had any trouble with picture uploads........................._/)
Old 29-03-2006, 18:25   #13

Bob!!

I second delmarrey's recommendation.

Now let me ask you this before I post anything further.

What are you precisely trying to do? Are you trying to post photo's in the member's gallery? Or are you trying to post a photo, where everybody post there feedbacks at?

Old 30-03-2006, 17:05   #14
Bob Norson

Delmarrey.... my first attempt was with a 350kb file so I understood that getting knocked back so I resized the file to around 80kb and still got the same window. I even tried to go way smaller just to see what would happen and even down to 20kb it wouldn't let me. I am attempting to go to the members gallery only, as my idea is that once there I can get it onto a post but still not getting it.

I'm using current XP pro on brand new ASUS lap top using photo shop 7 to adjust photo's to 72 dpi and file size to suit.

I believe I am following the very clear insructions carefuly and exactly.... and the insructions do make sense.... I'll try again now and see what happens... but I am getting a complex!!
Old 30-03-2006, 17:28   #15
Bob Norson

NEW REPORT!! OK... I got one on the gallery.. today it worked... got me why or why not yesterday but.... the photo title is "ooophs" and it appeared in the recent entries section but when I double clicked on it to enlarge it wouldn't do it even after I (tremble in fear) changed my settings to allow ALL cookies.....

now I will try to bring to a post.... pray for me!