Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2011, 17:30   #1

Boat: Land Locked
Chartering Advice

Hi All,

I have just booked a bareboat charter on a new L421 in the Whitsundays (Queensland Australia) and very excited about it!

The 421 looks great and should be well suited to us for our 7 days of cruising. Our group consists of myself (the only "experienced" sailor) my fiance and two other couples.

I was just wanting to gloat because I am excited to be getting back on a boat after having sold my small ketch last year and now only getting to crew on weekends on other peoples boats... Boo!

More importantly I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the L421 that I should keep in mind. I am obviously aware it is what it is (a large luxurious lounge room strapped to two pontoons) and that the sail package on board will be limited, but realistically, horses for courses it should let us put around the whitsudays for 8 days in ease and comfort shouldn't it?

It does look like the boat has fairly high windage so good anchoring technique will be important and with a crew with limited experience (and me being new to the boat) I will defenitely not be pushing hard at all.

Any thoughts or comments on the L421 in these sorts of conditions> Anything I should be considering?

Thanks All

Tom
TomSmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 00:21   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Chartering Advice

should be awesome...can I come?
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 14:25   #3

Boat: Land Locked

Yeah now worries Monte - Jump aboard. Payment is in beer and I do NOT accept that cheap knock-off import stuff or Crownies. Coopers Pale Ale only!
TomSmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 07:38   #4

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

How was it? What was your impression of the 421? Was this a hybrid, or diesel? If hybrid, how did that work out?

Have you sailed a 410? I'm curious how these two boats, having equal beam but enormously different interior spaces, compare in terms of sailability.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote