Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2006, 19:10   #1

London Show???

Does anyone (especially UK members) know which is the best Sailboat show in London or nearby? when is it held every year?................
Chuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 21:06   #2

Boat: Lexcen 40
The boat show">London boat show held annually in January at the excell centre. Many exhibitors are pulling out and the show is losing popularity after moving away from Earls Court, although still a big event.

Southampton which is about 2 hrs from London by train is on now, mid to late september annually. This is a really good event. I think this is the last week end until next year.
alienzdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 22:21   #3

Found Show link too

Alienzdive:
Thanks so much for info..................

I have a trip coming up to London area & thought it would be cool to take in a UK or European show. So does that mean the London show should be avoided now?

Here's a link I just found for overseas show info.

http://www.boatus.com/boatshows/intl_shows.htm

Thanks again....
Old 24-09-2006, 03:29   #4

Location: On board Sarah, currently lying in Jacksonville, FL
Boat: Pearson, 424, 42', Sarah
Chuteman,
I attended the London show last year and it was fine. London is pretty far from the UK yachting centers, whereas Southhampton is in the heart of those centers. If you like attending boat shows you'll still find the LBS interesting and different from many of the US shows you may have attended. One nice thing, as a non-UK resident you will get VIP treatment at no extra cost. Bring your passport to the show and you can purchase the VIP-pass (I don't recall what they really call it), which gives you access to every day of the show (locals pay for every day they attend), plus a nice VIP lounge overlooking the main concourse.
The show is located on the east end of London, far from the center. However, public transportation in London is so much better than any city in the US it's a snap to get to the show from wherever you are staying. Normally just a tube ride then transfer to the Dockside Light Rail system.
There's certainly no reason to avoid the show unless you don't like going to boat shows .

John
jstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 08:29   #5

Sounds Good

JStevens:
Thanks for insights especially the info about non UK resident ......I have a trip coming up where I can select the date & thought attending a show overseas would be interesting. especially because some brands (and gear too) don't make it to the west coast.
You are right about the London public trans........easy to make that happen.