Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 11:06   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Marina Manager wanted

WANTED: Marina Manager - Marina Pez Vela Marina Pez Vela - Quepos, Costa Rica

Marina Manager wanted for brand new 300 slip full service marina opening in early 2009, located in Quepos, Costa Rica.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years experience in direct management and oversight of a full service marina with boats up to 150'.
Candidate must be willing to live in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area, must be bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and overall business skills and profit and loss experience.
Salary and benefits commensurate to candidate’s experience.
Immediate start date.

Submit resume to: jbronstien@marinapezvela.com

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 22:19   #2

Boat: several, and constantly-changing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
WANTED: Marina Manager - Marina Pez Vela Marina Pez Vela - Quepos, Costa Rica

Marina Manager wanted for brand new 300 slip full service marina opening in early 2009, located in Quepos, Costa Rica.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years experience in direct management and oversight of a full service marina with boats up to 150'.
Candidate must be willing to live in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area, must be bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and overall business skills and profit and loss experience.
Salary and benefits commensurate to candidate’s experience.
Immediate start date.

Sounds like a great job! You're sure to find someone really qualified!

I think my company could do a really professional job of managing your marina - IF it's large enough and producing enough gross revenue.

Actually, most any larger coastal marinas, having at least a couple hundred modern slips, plus standard profit centers such as adequate ships store, fuel dock, restaurant, entertainment facilities, boatyard for repairs, and room to grow...

I believe Central America is about to see a huge migration of Gringos from North America, as the Baby-Boomers become tax-refugees.

I would like my company, Sanctuary Marinas International, to be available to set up operations and management of new marinas all up and down the Central American coasts.

I think you guys are doing the right thing at the right time. Panama, Costa Rica and Belize are about to finally come into their own!
Xizang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16   #3

Boat: Endeavour E40
There are more AMERICANS living in Central America than people realize!
Costa Rica & PANAMA is a HUGE destination for gringos...... beautiful country, they use the U.S. dollar, everything is 30 or 40% of what costs are in the US...... very low crime.....
the recession has NOT affected most of these countries because they are more "liquid" than the U.S......they are still in a building/real estate boom with costs still 60% UNDER the U.S......and they LOVE Americans!
Lots of reasons for living in Central America, which is where I'm giving serious thought to having a second home.
AUTHOR: My dear ole MOM
High Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:27   #4

This is a great opportunity for a friend of mine and he lives in Quepos/Manuel Antonio area. He is fluent in spanish and english. He is not really happy at the marina he is at the moment. I will definitely have him email you his resume. thanks for sharing this information on the board.

Ceddy
cedric.02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:52   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Just to clear up any potential misconceptions; I am NOT involved with the marina nor hiring.
As noted in my original post:

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote