Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2016, 07:24   #1

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 53 ft
Canaries - Barbados/Guadeloupe/Martinique

We need 2 X crew for early December 2016 crossing to Caribbean from the Canaries.

We are retired and have a well fitted Amel Super Maramu. The vessel has all the usual safety items.

You will be experienced sailors, very clean and tidy in your person and actions.

A couple would be ideal. No costs to crew with us but you will be responsible for your airline tickets and personal expenses.
Old 14-08-2016, 15:46   #2

Re: Canaries - Barbados/Guadeloupe/Martinique

I am a professional chef interested in joining!
Old 16-08-2016, 12:28   #3

Boat: Pearson 367

pm sent
Old 17-08-2016, 01:35   #4

I would be available for this trip, my partner Gail would not be able to do the crossing but would be able to join up in the Caribbean if that would be of any use.
Old 23-08-2016, 13:04   #5

Boat: Former owner of a Jeanneau Sun Fizz, a 41 ft sloop and a Dufour CT12000, a 45 ft ketch motorsailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleuthera 2014 View Post
We need 2 X crew for early December 2016 crossing to Caribbean from the Canaries.

We are retired and have a well fitted Amel Super Maramu. The vessel has all the usual safety items.

You will be experienced sailors, very clean and tidy in your person and actions.

A couple would be ideal. No costs to crew with us but you will be responsible for your airline tickets and personal expenses.
Hi folks,
I am Captain Denis. I know the Super Maramu quite well since I captained one both in the Med and Northern France. I also know the Canaries and your destinations i.e. Guadeloupe and Martinique since I lived on my boat in Guadeloupe for more than 3 years. No problem with French since it is my native language.
I would like to know more about you. If you are willing to take day watches, I don't need another crew. The Super Maramu is a "motor sailboat " as I used to call it. The winches and furlings are all electrcal. Actually, if you have a good radar and a recently revised auto pilot, I could cross that boat alone.
My fees for an estimated 4 weeks of prep. and delivery are very reasonable. $3,000.00 plus travel expenses.
Please, check my resume.
My E-mail address is dextraze@yahoo.com. If you give me yours, I can send you more info.
Regards,
Denis Dextraze
Old 26-08-2016, 05:44   #6

Hi,

My name is Simon, I am a semi-retired I.T. consultant and I live on the east coast of England. For over thirty years I have sailed the shoals and inlets around Thames estuary and have chartered extensively in the Mediterranean and some in the Caribbean. My partner Christine, is a big tall Danish girl who enjoys a career in supply teaching. She also shares my passion for sailing and is, herself, reasonably accomplished. We are both extremely practical, fun loving and very easy going. Our winter months are usually spent in the Canary Islands but the prospect of accompanying you on an exciting and enjoyable Atlantic crossing would certainly fulfil a life long ambition.
I feel like I know the Amel Supermaramu well as I have watched and studied all eighty odd “SV Delos” Youtube videos. For safety and comfort , the Amel, is definitely high on my list of preferred yachts for such an awesome adventure...

Here’s hoping to hear from you

Simon

Tags
aries, Barbados, Canaries, Guadeloupe, Martinique