Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 06:03   #1

Boat: 21' cuddy powerboat
Hello from the Great Lakes area

I believe I have a "sickness"......I think it may be called "boat-itis" Symptoms include withdrawl when I'm not on the water, sunburn, occasional insomnia from thinking about boating..lol

Actually I found this site by chance. You see I have a great deal of interest in sailing, but really have no "hands-on" experience sailing. I currently own a 21' powerboat and enjoy destination boating with my wife and family on Lake Erie. However, I would like to move up in size a few feet and get something more comfortable...something that we could stay aboard for a few days in between destinations. I will be retiring from the fire service in about 8 yrs. I would like to use this time to learn all I can and hopefully put it to use in the next couple of years. Slowing down and saving fuel really seems to appeal to me coupled with the serenity and beauty of being on the water for extended periods of time.

I hope to gain some knowledge from all of you and look forward to the helpful, hints and posts from this community. Incidentally, I was supposed to go sailing with some folks in Huron, Ohio just last weekend, but some severe storms put a halt on that. So I hope in the near future I can get a little hands on and through this site gain a little insight to better prepare me for my next nautical purchase.
firesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:43   #2

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Hello from the Great Lakes area

Welcome to the forum Steve.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great lakes