Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 06:57   #1

Boat: PDQ 32 LRC
2 wk bareboat: Guadeloupe vs. Martinique?

Hi
I have a choice between Guadeloupe and Martinique (Le Marin) for a two week bareboat around the 1st of November, 38-40' cat. I have sailed out of St. Martin as well as the BVI's so I'm not worried about some open ocean sailing. This will be my first time in the windwards. Just wondering what your opinion is of potential itineraries between the two. I am leaning toward Martinique and doing St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Focus will be on picturesque anchorages, good snorkeling, some interesting places to explore ashore. Not into partying and eating out.
Jerry Woodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2015, 12:49   #2

Boat: Kirié Feeling 446
Re: 2 wk bareboat: Guadeloupe vs. Martinique?

Yes I would choose Martinique. You can sail to Grenada and back to Le Marin easily in this time period. In November many anchorages are almost deserted. The Grenadines offer some very nice anchorages and good snorkeling.

Provision well in Martinique especially wine and bottled water as it is much cheaper and much easier there at the Leader Price supermarket which has a dinghy dock. There is limited provisioning in the Grenadines. There are good supermarkets in Grenada but they are not close by.

Wind and weather should not be a problem. Have a great cruise!
SaltyTanned is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bareboat, Guadeloupe, Martinique