Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2019, 00:37   #1

Crew available for Atlantic crossing Nov/Dec 2019

Hi,
My name is Kristian and I’m a 51 year old man from Sweden. I’m looking for the opportunity to crew on a boat crossing the Atlantic this fall. I am a stable person without ”unresolved bagage”. I work hard with a relaxed attitude.
I have sailing experience ranging from skippered charters with my family growing up to coastal sailing with my Wharram Tiki 21 (now sold).
I have crewed on a Lagoon 380 before (I have a letter of recommendation) and I used to sail a 31 ft monohull on the Swedish west coast with a friend for a week every summer. I have a Swedish Inshore Yachtmaster Diploma, so I would say have basic knowledge in navigation, seamanship and safety.
I’m looking for a captain/crew with a friendly attitude. I think it’s a good idea if we can meet in person before casting off, so if possible I can travel (at my own expence of course) within Europe to meet and hang out for a weekend or so.
I don’t smoke, but I enjoy a beer or a glass of wine when the anchor has set. I’m fluent in English and speak a little Spanish and French. I’m government employed and before I got my law degree I used to work as a police officer and a detective.
I expect to pay for my share of the expenses and maybe some extra for the upkeep of the boat.
I’m partial to (small) multihulls, but other things are more important than the number of hulls.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Regards,
/Kristian.
Tiki21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:01   #2

Boat: Custom Catamaran
Re: Crew available for Atlantic crossing Nov/Dec 2019

Hi Kristian,

I’ve got a 42ft cat that I’ll be looking to cross the Atlantic in later this year. I’m still in the UK currently but planning on departing late Aug / early Sep, then leaving the Canaries early Dec heading to the Carib.

Boat has just been fully refitted (rig, elecs, engines, interior) and is finalising shakedown sailing now. The plan is to depart the UK and head back to Australia.

I’ll be sailing with Hank, the labrador, and friends will be coming along for various legs. Currently I’ve got a couple of berths free for the Atlantic so if it sounds of interest, drop me a PM!

N
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ACD8D333-C798-4280-8DD6-7AD3D0872C83.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	410.7 KB
ID:	195678   Click image for larger version

Name:	CEFF8055-433D-41C7-8253-F8BA79657926.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	195680  

ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausnp84 View Post
Hi Kristian,

I’ve got a 42ft cat that I’ll be looking to cross the Atlantic in later this year. I’m still in the UK currently but planning on departing late Aug / early Sep, then leaving the Canaries early Dec heading to the Carib.

Boat has just been fully refitted (rig, elecs, engines, interior) and is finalising shakedown sailing now. The plan is to depart the UK and head back to Australia.

I’ll be sailing with Hank, the labrador, and friends will be coming along for various legs. Currently I’ve got a couple of berths free for the Atlantic so if it sounds of interest, drop me a PM!

N
Sounds great! PM sent!
Old 11-07-2019, 10:43   #4
cruiser

Let me know if you will need somebody else. I do not promise you that go with you at September. Better go to Baleares, not Canaries (without comments). I cannot share expenses, you will cover all.
Malfoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:45   #5
cruiser

It was for ausnp84.
Malfoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:46   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausnp84 View Post
Hi Kristian,

N

N,
Haven’t heard from u in a while. Please contact me.

Thanks,
Kristian
Old 06-09-2019, 06:35   #7

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki21 View Post
N,
Haven’t heard from u in a while. Please contact me.

Thanks,
Kristian
Message sent!

N
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlantic crossing, crew, crew available