Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 14:34   #1

Riverfees, route and additional costs, Europe

Not sure where to put this; I've got no experience in sailing at all but I am planning to buy a sailing boat from my sisters boyfriend, then study for a Yachtmaster Coastal and sail Stockholm archipelago during the summer before taking off for bigger adventures. Ultimatley I want to get it from Stockholm to Athens through inland waterways in the cheapest way possible. I have been googling around all day to see if I can finance this trip at all but am still clueless.

What route can I take?

Is there any tolls i should be aware of?

Guest harbors, what is the standard price? Is there no cheap way out of this? (I'd love a scenario like in the swedish archipelagos where i can just sail to some uninhibited peck of an island and stay the night for free. Any solutions like that at hand?)

Is there any permits I will need?

Any other additional costs?

I dont know if this will be helpful in any way but the boat is sheriff 600 and the motor is Evinrude 4 hk. The rig is 7/8.

I realize there is a ton of things Im not thinking about due to my lack of experience, if you find yourself having the time and energy, please enlighten me.
RogueSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Europe, fees, rope, route