Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2016, 07:00   #16

Boat: Bavaria Vision 46
Re: Bavaria Yachts USA to Cease Operations

This situation affects me as I purchased a Bavaria from Bavaria Yachts USA one year ago and the boat is still under warranty. If your Bavaria was purchased from Bavaria Yachts USA and it is still under warranty, I'd like to connect. Please PM me your contact info. Thanks!
SofiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 07:11   #17

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Interesting, but we do not know the whole story.

Some days ago I looked at the imported sailboats (that are now most of the cruisers sold in US) by brands and had a big surprise with Bavaria numbers, that were way below in what regards the distribution of percentages in what regards the same brands sold in Europe.

Probably 2016 was no better and I don't believe they were not warned regarding their weak performance, but you would never know. That would have been reckless on Bavaria part, I mean not saying in 2015 that if the business numbers did not improve in 2016 they would be fired....but even so I would say they saw it coming.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 07:14   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAIN97133 View Post
Hi ! Doing some research on Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH, I just discovered that in 2010 Bavaria bought DUFOUR. They might have decided to merge Dufour USA & Bavaria USA ? Last summer, on holiday in France, I discovered that Honda cars were sold by Renaud dealers Why not ? I wouldn't be surprised that owners of Bavaria yachts, still under waranty, receive a letter from Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH telling them that Dufour USA & Bavaria USA are now under one management ???

(Express l'Entreprise: 08/31/2011) Redressement d'entreprise, comment Bavaria Yachtbau a passé la tempête: Le fabricant allemand de bateaux de plaisance, numéro deux derrière Bénéteau, et repreneur de Dufour en décembre 2010, avait vu partir les deux tiers de sa clientèle avec la crise. Jean Ludmann, son nouveau patron, a appliqué les recettes de la production automobile pour redresser la barre.
Yes, but after that Bavaria had let go of Dufour that is now and independent firm again. After that the bought Grand Soleil but let them go either. Now the other sailingboats they have are cats (Nautitech).
Old 19-11-2016, 07:26   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofiaB View Post
This situation affects me as I purchased a Bavaria from Bavaria Yachts USA one year ago and the boat is still under warranty. If your Bavaria was purchased from Bavaria Yachts USA and it is still under warranty, I'd like to connect. Please PM me your contact info. Thanks!
I have no doubt they are staying and what they want is a bigger and better share of the market and that implies a better dealership and that includes better used boat service.

For increasing sales Bavaria cannot let go the clients that have new boats under warranty. They will have not only to respect that warranty but make it better the relation with clients. If they would done otherwise it would be like shooting their own foot.

Try a direct contact with Bavaria shipyard:

info(at)bavaria-yachtbau.com
Old 11-03-2017, 23:35   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by YachtBroker View Post
I hate to see this but I have seen it before. Usually has to do with the exchange rates do not make it cost effective to be able to import the boats in to the US and compete with US built boats. You have US duty and ocean freight which has to be added into the MSRP of the base price. Great for the Europeans when the dollar is weak but when the Pound and Euro are nearly on par with the Dollar then the boats suddenly seem more expensive.

I've seen this with a lot of Euro builders over the past 30 years in yacht sales and representing a lot of different builders. And then the clients who bought these boats have little to no US representation not to mention with less US name recogniztion, resale values also suffer.

I am sure this is not the only reason why but that's my two cents.

As the US dollar has moved towards 'parity' with the Euro the boats have become less expensive for a buyer with US Dollars.
jm67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:35   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, JM.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:28   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, JM.

Thank you!
jm67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bavaria, yacht