Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 17:21   #1

Samoa to Vanuatu Aug/Sep 2014

Crew position available on CHIARA STELLA, 11.8m monohull steel yacht, cutter rig. New engine, new sails, up to date rigging, electronics & safety gear. I have just cruised from Sydney - Newcastle - Lyttelton (NZ) - French Polynesia - Cook Islands - Samoa and I'm now berthed in Apia, Samoa.

Leaving towards the end of the month or early next month. I'm flexible with dates but I'd like to catch at least the start of the Talua festival at the end of August. I may detour via Tonga (Niuatoputapu and/or Vavau) but won't be going to Fiji.

Having one (single) or two (couple) crew on board would be good for this part of the voyage. Experience desirable but not essential.

You cover your own transport costs, I'll pay for food and drinks (except alcohol) and fuel and other boat costs.
Old 14-08-2014, 14:30   #2

Re: Samoa to Vanuatu Aug/Sep 2014

Hi there,

Do you have any plans after Vanuatu? I am interested in finding a boat from Vanuatu onwards to indonesia or preferably further north, such as Malaysia etc.

I will ben sailing on a tall ship to Vanuatu and would be in the country by late/early september.
Old 16-08-2014, 20:58   #3

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Samoa to Vanuatu Aug/Sep 2014

hi I am available at these times born and raised in the hunter valley on a small farm, played cricket and soccer became a jobbing moulder for 6 years , than a coal miner , open cut for 28 years, now retired looking to join the cruising life style to sailing around the pacific .have been learning to sail in this little boat, all going well so far Now I am a 50 year old Aussie male . I sail a 17 ft fractional rigged sloop .I am an aviator, so understand navigation, have worked night shift so can keep watch .I am looking to get sea miles under my belt as I wish to get a larger boat to sail the Pacific .
I am easy going and can get along with people . I have been in 5 meter seas and have so far not been sea sick . So I will see how that goes ,hope to hear from you soon .
cheers

jimmy

Tags
Samoa, Vanuatu