Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 13:49   #1

Boat: Bavaria 46 Cruiser
Caribbean to Panama, Tahiti-Pacific-Australia.

Caribbean to Panama, Tahiti-Pacific-Australia. I plan to leave The British Virgin Islands (near Tortola) on about the 22nd January 2017 and sail to Tahiti. Via Jamaica, Cuba and San Blas to the Panama. Panama to Galapagos then to the Marquesas and on to Tahiti. Then Island hopping to Australia. Weather permitting, I can only indicate the route not exact timings. I would like to reach the Pacific by the end of March and Tahiti by the end of May

My Bavaria 46, has 4 cabins so 4 or more is possible and has worked well in the past. I am easy going but a stickler for proper procedure and safety, which is the priority. Part or all of the trip considered. Experience and enthusiasm is essential. Small contribution and share expenses, except fuel. Share all cooking, watches and duties as we are all crew and not passengers. We eat fresh food and really well when possible. Non Smoking please. Drink as much as you like at port but nothing while underway. Love to hear from you. Geoff.
Wanderlust141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 19:06   #2

Boat: Beneteau 38S first
Re: Caribbean to Panama, Tahiti-Pacific-Australia.

HI Geof
HOw are u going with finding some crew?
Im In australia in a house and would like to know which month U would likely to be back in Oz That way i could make a plan to rent it out while gone .
I have 50 years of sailing experience and am almost 60 now.
The pacific is the only place i havent been yet. I sailed and raced around the BVI while living in St Maarten.
I dont know if I wrote in the right place here for a response. Hopefully this will reach U. marcel tromp at yahoo dot com
sailing 531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 13:48   #3

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop

Hi Geoff
i am available for the Tahiti to Australia leg . i am a 52 year old Aussie
I am easy going and can get along with people . I have been in 5 meter seas and have so far not been sea sick . So I will see how that goes , some blue water . Samoa to Vanuatu with Del in Chiara Stella . than port villa to the bay of islands New Zealand with Phil and Craig on the Different Drummer .then Noumea ,new Caledonia to Brisbane Australia with Simmo on Levanter than back with Different Drummer through the Cook Islands to Samoa area than to Tin Can Island than Fiji than back with Chiara Stella from Port Villa to Cairns to Bali to Johor Malaysia .than on Margansie a 42ft rustler panama to tahiti . than back with differant drummer from fiji to Vanuatu to New Calidonia to Norfolk island to Opua NewZealand .17,500 nautical miles in total
looking forwards to your reply .

cheers

Jimmy
HVYJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:45   #4

Hi Geoff,
My name is Olga and I'm in Panama looking for a boat to cross Pacific Ocean.
I'm 23 y.o. from Poland.

I'm positive, open-minded person, easy-going, but hard working.
On board I can do antything: cook, clean, paint, keep the night watch on my own, take care of kids... I'm quick learner as well.
I've sailed more than 5000 Nm. I'm sailing since 8 years old and sailed on a small yachts (mostly with my parents and friends) as well as on a bigger boats (up to 128 ft long). I've crosed Atlantic Ocean in November and now I'm in Panama.

I'm traveling during my gap year (taking a break after graduation in July and before master degree).
I love traveling and sailing, outdoor activities and non-fiction books. During my trip I want to explore the world, but I'm also prepared to work hard to make the best of the trip.
olgahelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 17:38   #5

ello! We are two travellers from Poland with a sailing experience on yachts, looking for a boat to sail across Pacific to Australia.

 Maciej Badziak (26)
 Mariusz Hońka (26)

We have been travelling for almost 1.5 year. We have already visited Western Europe, Canaries Islands, Cape Verde and all Latin countries in South America. During this trip we had hitchhiked from Gibraltar to Gran Canaria on a sailing boat as a crew. Then from Gran Canaria through Tenerife over Cape Verde to Brazil.

OUR SAILING EXPERIENCE:
 3 months living on a boat
 1 month navigation (3000 NM)

WE OFFER:
 preparing a boat for sailing
 keeping night watch shifts
 helping with boat repairs
cleaning, cooking, maintenance, etc.

ABOUT US:
 master engineers with one year professional experience
electrical experience
 no sea-sickness
 disciplined and flexible
 resistant to bad conditions
 ready for a hard work

WhatsApp:
0048 607758868 (Maciej)
0057 315 4417307 (Mariusz)

Email:
termometr@gmail.com
mariusz.honka@gmail.com
termometr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 13:26   #6

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I'm a dentist from Sweden who have taken time of work indefinitely to explore the globe. I'm 26 years old and have been sailing with my family every summer my entire life, but we've only been sailing in the Baltic sea.

If you want to get in touch, the easiest way would be to write on messenger. My name is Jennifer Sofia Elisabeth Borys.

Best regards
Jennifer
JenniferBorys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 20:34   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to peartree

Is it possible to send you a private message?
peartree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 11:11   #8

Hello Goeff,
I think I already sent you a reply to a different thread you wrote, but just to be sure. My name is Emily I am 25 years old. I have four years of professional sailing experience and I am seeking a boat to Australia. I am in Panama and can help with the canal transit from Colon. If interested, here is my email mlelynn at aol dot com
and my whatsapp plus one two four eight 249 three four 15
Thanks! Fair winds and following seas
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:24   #9

Hi mate I'm based in Australia but could meet you half way if you need the crew .have plenty of experience and know the QLD coast like the back of my hand .Pm me if you need a crew
cameron82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 17:09   #10

Aloha!
Where are you now?

Please let me know if you are still looking for crew at the beginning of April for the Panama - Tahiti leg of your journey.

I have a USCG Masters License 100 ton and am definitely interested in your adventure.
gaeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:04   #11

Boat: Looking for first SV

Hello Geoff,
I'm here in Belize and interested in your further travels from Panama. If you still looking for good crew I can be contacted at anytime:
watt7ts@yahoo.com
watt7ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 14:30   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust141 View Post
Caribbean to Panama, Tahiti-Pacific-Australia. I plan to leave The British Virgin Islands (near Tortola) on about the 22nd January 2017 and sail to Tahiti. Via Jamaica, Cuba and San Blas to the Panama. Panama to Galapagos then to the Marquesas and on to Tahiti. Then Island hopping to Australia. Weather permitting, I can only indicate the route not exact timings. I would like to reach the Pacific by the end of March and Tahiti by the end of May

My Bavaria 46, has 4 cabins so 4 or more is possible and has worked well in the past. I am easy going but a stickler for proper procedure and safety, which is the priority. Part or all of the trip considered. Experience and enthusiasm is essential. Small contribution and share expenses, except fuel. Share all cooking, watches and duties as we are all crew and not passengers. We eat fresh food and really well when possible. Non Smoking please. Drink as much as you like at port but nothing while underway. Love to hear from you. Geoff.
I am 48 yr old male non smoker/drugs with over 20 yrs sailing experience owned and lived on many of my boats..love to cook and do all sailing duties...I can pay my way to get there and contribute to sailing expences
lookingsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:28   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust141 View Post

Hi Geoff. Do you have all your crew sorted?
Im an experiecned sailor

Thanks, Maya
Mayagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 17:58   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1

January is long gone ?
Where are you and what is your revised schedule?
Would love to sail thru the Panama canal and maybe further.
Have sailed all of coastal Mexico and Panama on the western side?
Thanks,
Marian
Ps what are the living and ??? costs involved to crew if any
Thanks
Marian
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, Caribbean, Panama, rib, tahiti