Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2020, 06:21   #1

Boat: Catana 42
Phisa 42

I am flying to France next week to survey and sea trial a Phisa 42, I have scoured the innerwebs for information on the boats and since there were a limited number of boats built there is very little information out there on them. I know they were built on the Catana 41 molds, are solid glass below the waterline and cored above and have a reputation for very nice cabinet work.

I was hoping someone could give feedback on what to look for during the survey. I currently sail a First 36.7 and know there are a number of upgrades that were developed over the years that really make the boat more workable, so if there is anything like that or common pain points any information would be greatly appreciated. Looks like best conditions to inspect a boat, cold, wet and windy.

Thanks in advance

Eddy
eddy52257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 00:13   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Re: Phisa 42

Hi Eddy,

There is one forumer who owned a Physa 42. He came to Turkey, we did couple of works and I had chance to sail for half an hour or so. I believe he now sold the boat.
The boat sails well, like a Catana 41, probably a bit better as the water length is a bit more.
Normally the survey knows where to look and how. Structurally, there shouldn't be a problem but closer attention can be put on the rigging as the boat should be pertty old.

Cheers

YEloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote