Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 16:21   #1

Boat: Kadey Krogen, Cutter 38'
ICW Trip to Florida

1984 Kadey Krogen 38 Sailboat kept in very good shape over my 10 year ownership is ready for a trip down the USA east coast; New Jersey to Key West. New sails, new awlgrip deck, Perking 4-108 50hp diesel engine will cruise us at 6.5kts and with the new sails we cruise in the 8+ kt range. Sail La Vie is very sea kindly and a comfortable boat. Boat has refrigeration and ice will be available for the celebratory drink when the anchor drops, or we tie up at a dock.

Captain is 65 year civil engineer, retiring September 30th with 30+ years sailing experience. United States Power Squadron instructor and American Sailing Association instructor, out mantra will be "Key West for Christmas". Travelling with my 33 year old son who also is good at handling the boat.

Leaving Forked River NJ the first week of October a leisurely trip is planned with stops in Atlantic City, Cape May, Annapolis, arrival Norfolk around November 1st. Planning to anchor out most nights and stop in marinas at least once a week. A weeks stay is planned in New Bern NC, then south stopping at the major cities. Travelling mostly inside, we may jump out for a leg if weather is favorable.

Come for the trip, or jump on for a leg.

Please check out our boats web site www dot slvllc dot net, or e-mail me at steve at slvllc dot net.
Old 09-09-2016, 18:58   #2

Boat: Fourwinns. 24
Re: ICW Trip to Florida

hi my name is steve as well ok id love to join you and your son im in maine so its not to far to get started ,so if you still need someone please give a chance thanks steve
Old 09-09-2016, 19:14   #3

hi i left a note im very interested in joining you and your son please give me a chance thanks steve
Old 09-09-2016, 20:00   #4

Hey, Sail La Vie, Norman here in Naples fl. I have hull#22. About halfway through a complete refit. There are three of us on the west coast. Maybe sail up this way from key west. See if we can't meet up as a group for a dinner and some Krogan talk. Enjoy the trip. Done it five times. Great deal of peace and beauty.
Old 09-09-2016, 20:25   #5

Boat: Allied Princess 36

I hope to be leaving Mystic Connecticut on an Allied about the same time. I would be interested in your planned route as would be my first trip down the ICW. I am in no rush and going at least to Norfolk. Company would be nice and expert knowledge welcome. Not sure if can keep pace with a 36ft princess. You dont have to wait just leave an empty beer can with an" I was here" note so can follow the crumbs.
Old 12-09-2016, 15:45   #6

Boat: Catalina 375

I would be interested to do the whole trip. Shared expenses no problem. Out or in ICW no problem. Ready to go.

Ardbeg
can7264496 at outlook dot com
Old 18-09-2016, 04:36   #7

Hi! Would be interested in joining for a southern leg of the trip possibly. Maybe Charleston? I live in Puerto Rico, 17 years Coast Guard experience, 100 ton masters, looking to gain more sailing knowledge. Let me know if you need someone for that area and what dates you are looking at!
Old 18-09-2016, 09:27   #8

Quick review for our planned trip as far as Norfolk:
Atlantic City - can anchor out north of the inlet or dock at the State park marina.
Cape May - Can anchor out by the coast guard station or dock at one of the marinas.
Through the Cape May Canal (you can round the point, but be mindful of the shoals)
Anchor out in the Delaware - east or west shore depending on the weather.
Through the C&D canal - can anchor at Cheseapeake city midway through the canal
Warton Creek on east shore - want to visit a fellow Krogen owner there.
Annapolis
Solimon's Island
and other places as weather warrants
Norfolk
I have two ICW guides, books and charts and there are so many options. Am figuring we'll take the Dismal Swamp and stay awhile in New Bern NC to visit one of my sons.
Old 18-09-2016, 09:29   #9

Steve,

Am finalizing dates to leave and a one week layover in New Bern NC. Will keep you posted. Could you send a resume to my e-mail and some contact information.

Stevens Stallsmith
Cell 973 449-7898
Old 22-09-2016, 18:50   #10

Boat: FP Mahe 36 Duo

Dear sir I would like to speak with you about your trip and my interest to join you. I'm retired DOJ since 2002 64 years old and fit. I own a sailboat home ported on Kent Island Chesapeake. A few things got in the way of me making my way down the ditch this year but I'm thinking I might want to jump on with someone else's adventure. my number is 3363079217 kenkaz1@vedizon.net plus let me know if you'd like to talk. Thanks KJ
Old 29-09-2016, 15:51   #11

Hi Steve, are you still on schedule to leave first week in October? Are you stopping at the Annapolis boat show?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 30-09-2016, 06:16   #12

Hi yes please contact me on my email steve.girardin@yahoo.com
Old 24-10-2016, 12:20   #13

Have you left?

Tags
florida, icw