Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2017, 07:40   #1

Boat: Shannon 43 Ketch
Hydraulic Autopilot problem on 43' Sailboat

My Raymarine 400 finally bit the bullet. In my troubleshooting, I thought it was the clutch on the pump, so I had the pump rebuilt over the winter. The control computer is bad as well, so I upgraded to a Raymarine X10, which is compatible according to my research. Got it all reinstalled and the ST6000 Head drives the computer and the clutch on the pump is working and changes direction - no issue. I can't get it to drive the ram. Through my reading and common sense, I bled the system several times now - still no movement, just the motor running and changing direction as you go + or - degrees...
I trouble shot the ram thinking maybe the seals were bad, but as you spin the helm, it definitely holds position and will not let you turn the wheel, which tells me the seals in the ram are intact.

Anybody out there know where I need to go next? I'm at a point of confusion and exhausted my knowledge.
Also - the fluxgate is 180 out - which is weird. Before you ask, it's wired according to the diagram.
'87 Shannon 43' Ketch
svMarite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot, boat, sail, sailboat