Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2017, 03:39   #1

Crew member looking to gain ketch experience in Europe

Hello,

I'm based in the UK and looking gain experience on a ketch, ideally around 35 foot or so.

I'm able to do weekends in the UK or up to a week of sailing in Europe. I passed the RYA Day Skipper last year but I feel I lack sailing experience (!). I have not sailed a ketch.

It would be great if I can help you sail your boat and if you could give me some hints and tips along the way. I'm interested in doing a bigger trip on my own boat in the future so someone I can chat to about this also would be perfect!

I think I'm friendly and respectful and I love adventures; I have others but my biggest adventure to date was riding a motorbike from the UK to South Africa in 2007. Happy to tell you a little more about me if you'd like to chat!

Thanks and happy sailing [emoji569],

Chris
d28y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:25   #2

Re: Crew member looking to gain ketch experience in Europe

I have chartered a 2016 Nautitech Open 46 from Oct 7-14 with a skipper / Instructor from Pula, Croatia. I am similar to you. I have limited sailing experience and I am planning to buy a cat. If you have interest in sharing expenses + persomal attention from the instructor + oppotunity to equally be hands on sailing the boat let me know. The total cost for everything on the boat not including food will be $1500 each per person. There will be no more than 4 crew + 1 skipper. Each crew member will have have his own private cabin and head. The skipper will sleep in a crew cabin. The trip will have a balance of learning + fun + equal shared responsibility to sail the boat + equal share of duties onboard. If you have interest, let me know and we can discuss further. Regards, P. Augustus
Augi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:15   #3

Re: Crew member looking to gain ketch experience in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augi View Post
I have chartered a 2016 Nautitech Open 46 from Oct 7-14 with a skipper / Instructor from Pula, Croatia. I am similar to you. I have limited sailing experience and I am planning to buy a cat. If you have interest in sharing expenses + persomal attention from the instructor + oppotunity to equally be hands on sailing the boat let me know. The total cost for everything on the boat not including food will be $1500 each per person. There will be no more than 4 crew + 1 skipper. Each crew member will have have his own private cabin and head. The skipper will sleep in a crew cabin. The trip will have a balance of learning + fun + equal shared responsibility to sail the boat + equal share of duties onboard. If you have interest, let me know and we can discuss further. Regards, P. Augustus

Hi Augustus,

Thank you for the message. Sounds like a great trip and the catamaran looks lovely but I'm keen to stick with something smaller and a monohull. I was sailing in Croatia last year though and it was great albeit a lot more motoring than sailing due to lack of wind. Have a great trip,

Chris
d28y2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, enc, Europe, ketch, member, rope