Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2014, 01:34   #1

Hardstanding in Turkey

I have had my yacht based in the Ionian for 20 years and now retired. Plan to head for Turkey and leave it there for a few years.
We normally sail between 3-6 months and wish to store the boat out of the water on hard standing. Some years we don't sail; so contracts must be flexible - and obvious cheapest possible, yet considering safety.
Any suggestions? Preferably in the Izmir and Kusadasi areas to start off, but any other good suggestions will be considered.
Our yacht is a Roberts 45 - 13 meters length, 3.65 beam and 12 tonne weight.

Thanks
Elaquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 04:34   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Hardstanding in Turkey

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Elaquila.

Check out ➥ http://www.noonsite.com/Countries/Turkey

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 05:02   #3

Thank you GordMay
Old 27-12-2014, 17:43   #4
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Maybe ask Yeloya, a member here. He is very connected in Turkey. You can search for him then send a private message.
Old 27-12-2014, 18:04   #5

Kusadası is a good spot and has a fair sized area for boats on the hard as well as good people in the yard but their rates continue to climb quite a bit each year.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 22:41   #6

Thank you, Robert. That is the problem - rising prices! If one is in a marina on a pontoon it is to be expected, but hardstanding is going up seemingly at the same rate.
Old 27-12-2014, 22:47   #7

Boat: Jeanneau 54DS

if you're looking for cheap prices and reasonable quality, look into Finike Marina. Generally,the further east you go, the cheaper the prices.
Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 01:11   #8

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Oddyssey 37 ft 2002

Up to my knowledge, marinas in Turkey don't make a flexible contract. Some of them give complimentary land parking max 2 weeks for annual contracts, not as a standard policy. Tradition is to fix the period of land parking in the beginning. Ayvalık, Kusadasi, Didim, Alanya, Kas and Finike marinas going from north to south east are comparably cheaper. You may keep the boat in the sea for a period and go to another marina for land parking, though may be more expensive shifting from one to another. Kas and Alanya are quite new so may be cheaper.
Try your chances in the internet. If you google with the names you can get almost all the prices from their websites.
Idle
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 01:49   #9

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

For my two bobs worth I would pick finikie Marina 1st only slight downside is a 1 1/2 hr trip to Anatalya airport , 2nd choice is Mersin Marina big area for hard standing the only real downside is once you launch yacht back in water you should leave with in a week it is a high fouling Marina and by the end of one month in the water there hull will be fouled up airport is very close
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 02:28   #10

Thanks. ½ hours is a stroll in the park!! Used to 5-6 hours on a bus from Athens! Will surely look into both these. Thank tou for the information.
Old 28-12-2014, 02:32   #11

I have heard from a German guy there are difficulties leaving yachts for long periods in Turkey. Something in line of giving up ownership of the vessel to the marina or a private person until the time you leave? If that is true I would be a bit concerned! Any updates on this?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:07   #12

Location: Boat in Preveza Greece, awaiting our next trip, we are based Sunshine Coast Australia
Boat: Jeanneau SunFast 43
Send a message via Skype™ to OzDean

Hello Elaquila,

We left our AU flag Jeanneau Sun Fast 43 for 2 years on the hard stand at Bodrum (2012-2014 Yat Lift Yat Lift) and last August signed a 2 year contract for hard stand at Antalya Marina (Antalya Marina).

Re the fees, it seems once you are storing for over 7-8 months it is same cost as a year contract, although if you are out and about for the good 6 months and seek only 6 months hard stand for the off season then the price should be lower for a 6 month only "winter contract". For us, the 2 year price worked out better, but our trips are 2-3 months each year. Of course you need to be comfortable with the marina quality/service and longevity to commit to that length of contract up front.

We considered Kusadasi, price was good. I am not so sure about the mechano type wooden cradle system they mainly use in Turkey. They went to some trouble to ensure the posts contact the hull on the bulkheads and that the keel is not taking all the weight. Although I would be happier if there was more diagonal and cross supports!

Re marina options, I created a spreadsheet with most of the marinas from Kusadasi round to Antalya with quoted contract costs and liftout etc fees, can send it to you if that helps. Our LOA is 13.21, Beam 4.19, Draft 2.55 so probably similar specs/costs to you.

I have attached a picture of the current hard stand at Antalya and map of the last trip if you have any questions on the specific marinas.

Cheers, Dean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-04 0945 Antalya Tanga w Legs P1010237.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	94881   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06 Turkey Trip Map - Kusadasi to Antalya.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	94882  

OzDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:44   #13

Boat: 52' Crealock Farrington staysail schooner

We have been at the Kemer marina for the past 2-1/2 years. both on the hard and in the marina. Very safe and protected, lots of cruisers, good shopping, great hikes and great anchorages close by. Reasonable prices and same price for hardstanding except for launch charge. You can also do all your own work, or get good but very expensive work done in the yard. Also easy access to Antalya airport
barnaclejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 08:13   #14

Boat: Norstar 360

OzDean, We would greatly appreciate your marina spreadsheet. We are on the hard in Didim (D-Marin) after purchasing our Farr50 PH in October. After the Summer season we will put the boat back on the hard. This season we are paying at about 850Eu/month with launch fees embeded for 6 months. Yard work with YachtWORKS has been excellent.
Brewer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 12:19   #15
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquila View Post
Thank you, Robert. That is the problem - rising prices! If one is in a marina on a pontoon it is to be expected, but hardstanding is going up seemingly at the same rate.
Hş Elaquila,

Some marinas have more space in water but less in hard or vicea versa, the price obviously varies on the availability. In any case I will send to you shortly a Private Message with the quotation.

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardstand, Turkey